So, we read reviews of this place and headed straight there after being dropped off by our taxi. Despite being completely out of the tourist season (we arrived on the 2nd November, the day after the low-season started), this hotel would clearly rather have an empty room than negotiate - even $10 lower. So, we turned, walked away and found a way-better hotel (read Emerson Spice) who were prepared to offer us a room at a negotiated price. So, I'd suggest give ZZB Coffee House a skip. Head straight to Emerson. This is Africa. I'm an African and we negotiate.
Strangely these people think we Westerners are stupid, and in some respects, we are certainly ignorant; but to tell us this is high season when, we'd looked up that 1 November is the start of a month-long low season time is taking us for fools!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Zanzibar Coffee House Hotel offers a touch of magic and romance in an authentic Arabic house deep in the heart of Stone Town. Transformed into a stylish hotel with harmonious interiors, antiques and rich fabrics, it is one of the oldest buildings in Zanzibar constructed by the Wazir to Sultan Said Bargash in 1885. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Zanzibar Coffee House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zanzibar Coffee House Hotel Stone Town
- Zanzibar Coffee Hotel
- Hotel Zanzibar Coffee
- Zanzibar Coffee House Zanzibar Island/Stone Town