My girlfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights in July 2013 and the whole experience could be described as average. The main negative for us was the room. We stayed in a double room with a private bathroom. The bedroom was absolutely tiny! The size of the bed in comparison to the rest of the room was crazy. We were barely able to walk around the bed as the rest of the room was so tiny leaving us feeling very claustrophobic. There are other factors that are also not in the hostel's favor. The location is at the dirtier end of Stone Town and the hostel driver was atrocious. Whilst the rest of the staff are great there are much better places to stay in Stone Town for a little bit more money. I would recommend choosing an alternative.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Princess Salme Inn is a bed and breakfast hotel perfect for travellers looking to see Zanzibar for less. When you're out and about all day, a comfy bed and hearty breakfast are all you need! So book Princess Salme Inn, a bed and breakfast in Stone Town Zanzibar where you pay less and sleep well. Princess Salme Inn is a simple but comfortable bed and breakfast hotel in Stone Town growing incorporating its customer needs. It is in an old Arabic mansion with traditional touches. The hotel has remained one of the cleanest in the area and still maintains the lowest rates in town. Our team will assist planning and recommending tours, transfers and even safaris ... .. Our rooms are simple with the highest level of cleanness. We have variety of rooms to suite your needs and budget, and leaving you satisfied at the end. From Backpackers to Honeymooners, from cheap / budget customers to mid-range customers. The rooms are naturally decorated in Zanzibarian style with traditional Zanzibar beds. We are working hard to bridge the gap between client satisfaction and management perception of good service. Your honest reviews even if they are bad and good ones, all help us grow better. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jovago.com and Priceline so you can book your Princess Salme Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Princess Salme Hotel Stone Town
- Princess Salme Inn Zanzibar Island/Stone Town