We were quite impressed with the Beyt al Chai. The hotel only has 5 rooms and is a restored period building with lots of great history. The Islamic influenced architecture makes you feel like you are really some place exotic. The rooms have been lovingly renovated and are clean and functional, roomy and airy. The AC unit kept us cool at night and the step up shower had plentiful hot water. We actually had a suite, though we didn't really use the sitting room at all as it was dark and windowless. The bedroom had a number of windows that had partial sea views. The location is great, right on the western edge of Stone Town, only minutes walk from Forodhani Park and the labyrinthian streets and alleys if the historic town. The service at the hotel was excellent, we felt very welcome and the staff were always eager to please and help out. The downstairs restaurant was very good for our breakfasts and although we didn't eat our evening meals there, it is reportedly very good. There is free Wifi in the rooms but no TV. We really enjoyed our stay there and would definitely return there in the future. This hotel is recommended to all other travelers planning to stay in Stone Town. Really a nice spot!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For those who want to experience the charm of a classic Zanzibar setting with a touch of ancient Arabian mystique, the place is Beyt Al Salaam, formerly known as Beyt Al Chai. This is an exquisite 10-room boutique hotel within a traditional Zanzibar house, built on 3 floors in what was once a tea house. Sitting only a few paces from the sea, the house is cool and breezy. On a typical day, guests relax in our beautifully appointed lounge and rooms overlooking a square filled with hibiscus and ancient tamarind trees - simultaneously feeling the pull of the mysterious Indian Ocean that lies just beyond the trees and soaking up the ambiance of this World Heritage Site only steps away from the shops, restaurants and attractions of contemporary Zanzibar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your Beyt Al Salaam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beyt Al Chai Hotel Stone Town
- Beyt Al Salaam Zanzibar Island/Stone Town