Excellent service: unlike other restaurants on the island our waitress was attentive and discreet. The food itself was delicious, we ate their twice during our stay: the trio of tuna was a classic and the crab soup was wonderful, notably good wine was a very welcome addition. Would definitely recommend to anyone visiting the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For those who want to experience the charm of a classic Zanzibar setting with a touch of ancient Arabian mystique, the place is Beyt Al Salaam, formerly known as Beyt Al Chai. This is an exquisite 10-room boutique hotel within a traditional Zanzibar house, built on 3 floors in what was once a tea house. Sitting only a few paces from the sea, the house is cool and breezy. On a typical day, guests relax in our beautifully appointed lounge and rooms overlooking a square filled with hibiscus and ancient tamarind trees - simultaneously feeling the pull of the mysterious Indian Ocean that lies just beyond the trees and soaking up the ambiance of this World Heritage Site only steps away from the shops, restaurants and attractions of contemporary Zanzibar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Beyt Al Salaam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beyt Al Chai Hotel Stone Town
- Beyt Al Salaam Zanzibar Island/Stone Town