We stayed one night here as we needed to be in Stone Town to catch the early morning flight (6.15) from Stone Town to Dar for the BA flight to UK.
The hotel is centrally locate but not on any of the main roads so noise is not a major problem. We had a good size room with large en-suite but I found the bed uncomfortable (I could not fits the moulds made in the mattress.
The biggest problem though was that we needed a 5.00 am start in the morning and had arranged for an early morning call and packed breakfast which is part of the service. When it came to the morning, there was no morning call (just as well I was awake), no packed breakfast for us and no-one, including the night security guard to see us off. In fact we had to unbolt the door ourselves when the taxi driver knocked on the door. Simply not good enough.
On a different note, we did use the hotel restaurant having seen some positive reviews. The food was hit and miss, one particularly nice started but others dished merely ok and not as good as food we had had elsewhere, but perhaps we had been spoiled.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For those who want to experience the charm of a classic Zanzibar setting with a touch of ancient Arabian mystique, the place is Beyt Al Salaam, formerly known as Beyt Al Chai. This is an exquisite 10-room boutique hotel within a traditional Zanzibar house, built on 3 floors in what was once a tea house. Sitting only a few paces from the sea, the house is cool and breezy. On a typical day, guests relax in our beautifully appointed lounge and rooms overlooking a square filled with hibiscus and ancient tamarind trees - simultaneously feeling the pull of the mysterious Indian Ocean that lies just beyond the trees and soaking up the ambiance of this World Heritage Site only steps away from the shops, restaurants and attractions of contemporary Zanzibar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Travelocity so you can book your Beyt Al Salaam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beyt Al Chai Hotel Stone Town
- Beyt Al Salaam Zanzibar Island/Stone Town