Fumba Beach Lodge
$78
Dhow Palace Hotel(Stone Town)
$106
$59
$116
$113
  • Breakfast included
Beyt Al Salaam(Stone Town)
$58
$67
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbaobab treebush babiesdive centrebaobab suitesea urchinsboat bardeserted islandour honeymoonswahili buffetswahili nightdive instructorthatched cottagenearby reefrustic luxuryduring low tidesnorkeling tripgreat spa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I spent two nights at Fumba beach lodge in the middle of November 2013. It is a beautiful and secluded lodge located on a peninsula 30 minutes from Stone Town. I went there with a colleague, and we just had a wonderful time. It is a very quiet and calm lodge, a nice and clean pool with a beautiful view of the ocean and surrounding islands. It is also located 5-10 minutes walking on the beach from the Safari Blue tour.

The staff too did a wonderful job, the last evening we were just sitting down to have dinner and one of the waiters came over and told us that they had set up a special table on a small hut/porch that reaches out over the beach. We did not put out a request for anything in that matter, and it was a really nice surprise that they did this for us.

So I would recommend this lodge to everyone who wants to just relax by the ocean side, honeymooners, couples etc etc.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 29, 2013

A nice little lodge on the south west corner of Zanzibar. The attraction here is it's close to the Safari Blue tour. The staff are incredibly friendly and efficient. They enjoyed the fun of teaching us some Swahili. The lodge has a very good restaurant and bar, the pool is clean and the view towards the south over the ocean is serene although swimming of the beach is not practical due to the coral. Rooms are large, clean, cool and quiet.

Room Tip: If you're not on a budget, take the baobab room, but all the rooms are large and clean.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Just got back from 5 nights at fumba Beach Lodge following a Selous Safari and what can I say, it was just what we needed! A resort of just 26 or 7 Banda/bungalows it was fairly quiet when we arrived so we were met by the owner Edwin, taken for a cold coconut drink, and then upgraded for free to a Luxury suite. This was wonderful with large sliding doors opening onto a verandah and a few steps to the Sand and Sea. The gardens are perfection themselves and kept in pristine condition. The Staff are wonderful with all of them speaking some English, albeit some better than others, however my husband and I tried our best to speak a little Swahili too and the Staff loved that! Food was lovely and our table was set in a different location every night, from the Beach to the Tree house which is a lovely touch. The Dow Boat bar is fairly quiet but we met with other couples around there for drinks before dinner most evenings and Edwin, his fiance Natasha and Tammy the Dive Instructor were there most nights to chat to and ask any questions. A totally chilled hour ot so watching the Bush Babies before dinner. The swimming Pool was almost my favourite part, not very big but definietly the only pool I have ever been in that doesn't make you hold your breath as you go in, it was like bath water. Infinity pool over looking the sea. I spent so many hours in that pool, alot of them by myself which was heaven! The resort is 30 mins drive from Stonetown and we visited the Spice Farm which, I feel, is a must! It was a sad day leaving and Edwin and Tammy came to wave us off which was lovely and made us feel that little bit special. I'd just like to say Good Luck to Edwin and Natasha who get married on December 7th and also Good Luck to the future to Tammy who was such good company. We had the most amazing time and both had lumps in our throat watching the sun go down the last night, I'd like to think that we will definitelyreturn sometime in the future. Thank you Everyone for making the end of our trip memorable and special!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dawnie63
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I had a few days in Zanzibar after trekking Meru and Kilimanjaro, so I was very grateful that this hotel was a quiet retreat. I had a lodge to myself with a queen sized bed, with huge double doors opening up with a view onto a private little beach. It was just perfect.
Travelling alone i did feel that this would be better suited to a couple after a romantic holiday but I still enjoyed myself.
The hotel staff are very helpful and friendly and quickly arranged a taxi for me to visit Stonetown on my free day. The beaches are beautiful and the food amazing with plenty of vegetarian options. The hotel also has a spa and diving centre, though i didn't make use of either of these.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Close to perfection, friendly and helpfull personnel, superb spot, good "huts", good restaurant. We stayed here for four nights with the goal to do nothing special, and it worked out great.
Of course some minor details were not perfect, it took the management quite long to recognize us (however the staff did it very good!), some small details in the hut were malfunctioning.
it was remarkable to have almost all employees, incl. the cleaning ladies to be communicative and to know some basic English and if/when they saw points of repair, it was arranged almost same time. That was realy the first time seeing that in Tanzania, well done.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family