All reviews top floor two nights no lift small hotel four poster bed only stayed one night narrow streets air conditioning arabic style the location is perfect night market stayed longer forodhani gardens spice tour dunia sultanas suite
Selected filters
Reviewed February 21, 2019

Staff was great and helpful, room very clean and aircon and fan a blessing. Lots of stairs! Food was fine. A great place in a quiet corner of Stone town and a good base to explore the old town. I'd highly recommend.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
ZanzibarPalaceHotel, Owner at Zanzibar Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2019

Thank you for your feedback: I'll share it with the team. Yes, the stairs can be a bit of a challenge, but I think the reward of our beautiful rooms makes it worthy!

Reviewed February 15, 2019

This little boutique hotel is a little hidden gem. The staff are excellent and could not be more helpful. Danielle was outstanding. We only stayed one night en-route to the Airport, but we thoroughly enjoyed it. It is close to the ferry and the beach front. The hotel is beautifully decorated and is spotlessly clean. Try it.

Room tip: some rooms have balconies.
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ZanzibarPalaceHotel, Owner at Zanzibar Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2019

Dear Rhiannon,
Thanks for your appreciation and feedback. We enjoyed having you and Ian as guests, and we all hope that you'll visit us again next time you come back to East Africa!

Reviewed February 6, 2019

My husband and I stumbled upon this hidden gem right in the middle of Stone Town during our two week honeymoon in January 2019. New owner Danielle and her staff answered all of our questions, recommended restaurants and attractions while making us feel comfortable. We had a fabulous dinner at the restaurant and enjoyed our suite which included a four poster bed, a huge tub, and large outdoor porch/seating area. The decorations and vibe of the hotel captured the true spirit of the "spice island" and made us feel immersed in the experience. Highly recommend.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ZanzibarPalaceHotel, Owner at Zanzibar Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2019

Dear Kristyn,
Thank you for your feedback: I'm very happy to hear you liked our romantic suite Sultana! I will convey your comments to the whole staff and we hope to welcome you again at the Zanzibar Palace Hotel!

Reviewed February 3, 2019

I loved the luxury boutique feel at Zanzibar Palace Hotel as well as the hotel's magical decor and gorgeous antiques. I had an amazing 3 nights in the beautiful spacious Arabica suite. Something about being right at the top of the hotel makes it feels like a private apartment. Arabica is light and airy and painted in a lovely calm yellow. Watching a sunset from the balcony is a fabulous experience. After 3 nights I felt like I'd moved in! All the staff are friendly, kind and relaxed and the food good too, which adds to the homely atmosphere. I absolutely loved it here and highly recommend this peaceful relaxing oasis in Stone Town!

Date of stay: January 2019
ZanzibarPalaceHotel, Owner at Zanzibar Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2019

Thank you for staying with us, and a special thanks for the hard work to support us in better portraying the atmosphere and authenticity of the Hotel: your images are beautiful!
I, and the whole team, hope to welcome you again soon in Stone Town.

Reviewed January 17, 2019

Me and my wife, we have recently stayed at Zanzibar Palace Hotel two nights on January 16 and 17, 2019 after we did the Safari in the Northwest of Tanzania. Hotel is located in the popular and historical Stone Town. You can reach every where by walking. Starting by the new owner of the hotel Daniella, all the staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was on the top floor and was very nice with a nice view of the old town. The only thing we would have wished was having a minibar in the room. Food was also O.K. Breakfast is included in the price. We had dinner at the hotel two nights and enjoyed it Chardonnay was also good. We recommend this place.

Room tip: If you like stairs go for the top floor, nice view and bigger rooms.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ZanzibarPalaceHotel, Owner at Zanzibar Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2019

Dear Mr. Ozargun,
Thank you for your positive feedback and suggestion. In the name of the whole team, I want to say that it was a real pleasure hosting you and your wife and we're happy we could offer you a good stay here in Stone Town!
Daniela