My wife and I stayed 2 nights in Zanzibar Palace Hotel as part of our honeymoon. Having enjoyed the beaches, we wanted to have a taste of 'inner city' Zanzibar. This hotel was perfect; located close to the hustle and bustle of Stone Town without being consumed by the busyness and noise. We stayed in a stunning suite on the first floor - all the perks of modern luxury set off by an Arabian décor. Extremely clean and spacious with very friendly and welcoming staff - always on hand to help. The walk in to the town centre (5-10 mins) involved walking through some quaint narrow streets as well as passing by some of the main attractions of Stone Town (Sultan's Palace and the Old Fort). This really provides the context for the hotel and allows for an appreciation of the historicity of Zanzibar in which the hotel is steeped. Various tours are easily arranged by the hotel leaving you with very little to worry about when it comes to organising your day's activities. Although we ate out for lunch and dinner, the quality and selection of the breakfast we enjoyed left us with little doubt that the rest of the food served here would be of very high quality. We couldn't recommend this place highly enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zanzibar Palace Hotel is a luxurious nine room boutique hotel located right in the heart of Stone Town (an Unesco World Heritage site). It is independently owned and daily under Dutch management and an ideal home to explore and experience all the beauties of this magical town and Island. Zanzibar's rich history is integrated throughout the hotel by Arabian, Indian and English designs, this in combination with all modern comfort (airco, free WiFi, flatscreen TV's, etc). Each room/suite has its own unique decor with many local originating antique pieces of furniture, magical beds, colourful silks, etc. Room rates for every purse definitely makes this a place to stay. As you walk through the front door, you notice the soft aqua blue interior colours along with the antique furniture. You are immediately put into a state of calm and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Zanzibar Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zanzibar Palace Stone Town
- Hotel Zanzibar Palace
- Zanzibar Palace Hotel Zanzibar Island/Stone Town