“Stone Town Zanzibar Hotel”

Zanzibar Palace Hotel
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Stone Town
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Wonderful place to stay. Very exotic building and rooms. Very clean and comfortable. Staff is super helpful and very friendly. Restaurant is good. Had problems with a taxi not showing up for a 03h30 departure for an early flight and the hotel folks made it happen. Can't say enough good things about this place. Stayed here after climbing Kilimanjaro and then relaxing on the east coast beaches of Zanzibar. This was the perfect end to a great trip

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Had a wonderful stay in the Zanzibar Palace Hotel. I was treating myself after having climbed Kilimanjaro. The room was gorgeous, the spa was very relaxing, the managers Robert and Milieu couldn't have been more helpful. A friend joined me for my last night there and they very kindly upgraded us to a suite! Coffee was good and the breakfast was very tasty. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank RBMTBC
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Hotel is perfectly located in Stone Town within easy walking distance of most attractions.

Check was welcoming and efficient (there was a delicious free drink whilst we waited for our room). Our room was very clean and comfortable with a rather ornate tiled shower.

Breakfast was plentiful with lots to select. Coffee was delicious!

Room Tip: Don't forget to get to the room terrace for the views over Stone Town Please try the traditiona...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I was travelling overland through Africa arriving in Stone Town after a month on the road through the desert. I was in search of a day spa so I could take a body scrub and refresh for the month ahead. I walked past the Zanzibar Palace Hotel a few times. On one occasion I thought why not just walk through the big timber doors to see what they have. And, what a find! I booked into their day spa for later that evening to be followed by dinner. The body scrub was to die for! I have never had a body scrub like that before. Not only did I feel clean and refreshed, I felt re-energised.

I relaxed by having a quiet drink in their bar before dinner. The service was excellent. The food was enjoyable. This hotel really is an oasis in the middle of Stone Town. If ever I was to go back I would want to stay here.

If you do stay at the Zanzibar Palace Hotel, make sure you use the day spa!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Michael_A_SydAus
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is nicely situated - just a ten minute walk from the ferry. We were here in low season, so the hotel was not busy and they upgraded us to a wonderful room (Sultana) with a balcony. The room had many nice touches, from the beautiful lighting fixtures to the zanzibar style arches. One thing to note is that you have to climb some steep stairs to get to the rooms, there is no elevator. The breakfast was good and the staff was very attentive. They gave us a good map of stone town and pointed out the key places. They can also arrange tours, of course. They have A/C, which was key. Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Yevie115
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I had a very nice stay here. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel was well run and the rooms were very clean and comfortable. I would have liked to stay longer than the one night there. Next time perhaps I will spend longer in Stone Town. I have no hesitation in recommending the Zanzibar Palace Hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 30, 2014

What a great place. Well appointed, thoughtful staff, filling breakfast. Robert was able to help us with all our needs, arranging a spice tour, a trip to Prison Island, and a ride up to Nungwi beach. The staff was very responsive to all our requests.

When returned to Stone Town after the Northern Zanzibar beach, they thoughtfully upgraded our room to a suite, as two of our party were leaving on a 3:30am flight.

Great place, and I wish them the best of luck.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family