My wife and I spent 2 nights in the Zanzibar Palace Hotel in July 2013. The hotel is uniquely decorated with a nod to the Arabian history of Zanzibar and contains some lovely little touches both in the rooms and common areas. We were taken up three flights of stairs to the Arabic Suite which was spacious, beautifully furnished and well maintained with views over the rooftops of Stone Town itself. The staff were always very willing to help and the breakfasts were consistently excellent!
The hotel is also well located - a short few minutes walk to the water which you then follow for 5 minutes more to reach Forodhani Gardens and the old fort. It felt close enough to be convenient but just a little bit out of the way to maintain peace and quiet!
One possibly regret was not trying the Swahili dinner that the hotel has started to offer. Rather strangely it isn't the easiest thing to find such a meal out in Stone Town so the hotel decided to do this themselves. The menu looked amazing and seemed to be well rated by those that tried it but it was a little expensive for our budget at the time!
Overall I would thoroughly recommend Zanzibar Palace as a place to stay in Stone Town!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zanzibar Palace Hotel is a luxurious nine room boutique hotel located right in the heart of Stone Town (an Unesco World Heritage site). It is independently owned and daily under Dutch management and an ideal home to explore and experience all the beauties of this magical town and Island. Zanzibar's rich history is integrated throughout the hotel by Arabian, Indian and English designs, this in combination with all modern comfort (airco, free WiFi, flatscreen TV's, etc). Each room/suite has its own unique decor with many local originating antique pieces of furniture, magical beds, colourful silks, etc. Room rates for every purse definitely makes this a place to stay. As you walk through the front door, you notice the soft aqua blue interior colours along with the antique furniture. You are immediately put into a state of calm and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Zanzibar Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zanzibar Palace Stone Town
- Hotel Zanzibar Palace
- Zanzibar Palace Hotel Zanzibar Island/Stone Town