Just off the coastal road, nestled in the side streets, you will find the jewel of Zanzibar, the 'Zanzibar Palace Hotel'.
We do quite a bit of travelling and with our family of four (two big kids in our 40's and twin 6 year olds), we need room, flexibility and a relaxing stay with a few of the 'extras' that you don't find everywhere.
Franz and Co are the wide smiled owners of this very quiet, eclectic, spacious, boutique feeling hotel. They are only too willing to accommodate your requests and even went as far as to offer making something special for the kids if the menu didn’t appeal to them.
Our stay in the Shaba room was extraordinary. The room décor was majestic with three windows shedding light and a warm breeze from the nearby water. The room is equipped with an air conditioner, which worked very well and cooled down the room quickly.
There is a built in lounge bed that the children used and was quite comfortable and spacious enough for them to share, negating the need for an additional bed in the room. The room also has a large flat panel television and DVD player to help entertain the kids after a long day of sightseeing or shopping the area stores or market. Franz has a nice collection of DVD’s at the front desk for you to borrow as well.
The bathroom is as spacious as the room and the tub could sleep two comfortably. My daughter thought we had our own Jacuzzi in the room when she first saw it.
The onsite restaurant is convenient and the food was great.
I commented to one of the staff that I noticed genuine smiles on everyone’s faces. He grinned and said that he has worked there since the renovations and would continue to work with the family as long as they would have him. He commented that it was a genuinely good place to be and that the people he worked with were quite happy to be there as well. I watched the interactions of the staff with Franz and his wife and they were like one family, running this jewel of Zanzibar.
There are many hotels to choose from in Stone town but only one that I will return to if I am fortunate enough to visit again.
Thank you Franz and Co for making our last 48 hours in Zanzibar some of our best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zanzibar Palace Hotel is a luxurious nine room boutique hotel located right in the heart of Stone Town (an Unesco World Heritage site). It is independently owned and daily under Dutch management and an ideal home to explore and experience all the beauties of this magical town and Island. Zanzibar's rich history is integrated throughout the hotel by Arabian, Indian and English designs, this in combination with all modern comfort (airco, free WiFi, flatscreen TV's, etc). Each room/suite has its own unique decor with many local originating antique pieces of furniture, magical beds, colourful silks, etc. Room rates for every purse definitely makes this a place to stay. As you walk through the front door, you notice the soft aqua blue interior colours along with the antique furniture. You are immediately put into a state of calm and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Zanzibar Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zanzibar Palace Stone Town
- Hotel Zanzibar Palace
- Zanzibar Palace Hotel Zanzibar Island/Stone Town