I stayed here with a colleague on a business trip. It's hard to be fair because the electric power that was cut off in December had not been restored, though I believe it has now. The most obvious result was that the restaurant was not open and we ate at the Sports Bar, where the menu is limited. Limited does not mean bad, and I had a passable pizza and some good chicken.
The rooms were fine -- I slept in Room 1 which, unfortunately, was next to the generator but which otherwise was fine. It isn't a luxury resort, but it doesn't charge like one, either -- overall, it was good value.
Drawbacks: They don't change money and there's no ATM for miles (and when you do find one, it takes Visa but not Mastercard -- beware). And if you go to Zanzibar, take a bucket of insect repellent. But that's the place, not the hotel.
I look forward to trying it again whyen the power is restored.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mtoni Marine is located on the west coast of Zanzibar, 10 minutes north of Stone Town and neighboring the legendary Mtoni Palace. This laid back and family friendly hotel is the ideal location from which to explore Stone Town and the rest of the island, while providing a peaceful retreat from it all. The hotel offers great facilities including a newly built infinity pool, a variety of restaurants and entertainment,Spa,The neighboring Mtoni Palace where Princess Salme was born and the perfect setting for Zanzibar weddings! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Otel and Hotwire so you can book your Mtoni Marine Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mtoni Marine Stone Town
- Mtoni Marine Hotel Stone Town
- Mtoni Marine Hotel Zanzibar Island/Stone Town