Just spent 5 nights at Mtoni Marine. Room was clean , cool and comfortable. The grounds are well kept and lush. Breakfasts and dinners at the restaurant were great. Ask for a table of the beach... It's a great experience. The sports bar was the only place with wifi.... Needs to be in each room too, so we spent a lot of time there dodging flies and insects as it wasn't the cleanest place around. The food here was not as good either, but the pizzas were apparently good.
A magical experience was had with the Mtoni Palace tour and dinner. We had a private event for our large group but this is available on Fridays. There is a tour of the ruins after a flower bracelet welcome. Then traditional music and dance with a delicious BBQ feast of local delicacies. The whole experience esp the beautifully decorated and lit ruins was truly fantastic and magical and a wonderful way of learning the local history. A must do if you visit Stone Town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mtoni Marine is located on the west coast of Zanzibar, 10 minutes north of Stone Town and neighboring the legendary Mtoni Palace. This laid back and family friendly hotel is the ideal location from which to explore Stone Town and the rest of the island, while providing a peaceful retreat from it all. The hotel offers great facilities including a newly built infinity pool, a variety of restaurants and entertainment,Spa,The neighboring Mtoni Palace where Princess Salme was born and the perfect setting for Zanzibar weddings! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Agoda, Hotwire, Otel and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Mtoni Marine Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mtoni Marine Stone Town
- Mtoni Marine Hotel Stone Town
- Mtoni Marine Hotel Zanzibar Island/Stone Town