No doubt there are more polished places to stay but for us, Mtoni Marine was exactly what we wanted after a week camping safari. We wanted somewhere quiet to relax but didn't want to get stuck on a resort which was too far away from Stone Town to visit regularly for restaurants, tours etc. Mtoni is a $6 taxi ride into Stone Town. The rooms are large and modern with a large bed and mosquito nets. We were there in low season so the main restaurant was closed but the sports bar served food which was decent. The staff were friendly and watching the locals watch the FA cup was fabulous and very lively! Breakfast was adequate although a bit boring as it was the same thing everyday. We didn't book half board because we wanted to go into Stone Town for meals.
The highlight was the infinity pool which was beautiful and made up for a less than fantastic beach. There is also a spa which has fantastic but expensive massages.
Overall it was a good experience and I would recommend Mtoni Matine to friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mtoni Marine is located on the west coast of Zanzibar, 10 minutes north of Stone Town and neighboring the legendary Mtoni Palace. This laid back and family friendly hotel is the ideal location from which to explore Stone Town and the rest of the island, while providing a peaceful retreat from it all. The hotel offers great facilities including a newly built infinity pool, a variety of restaurants and entertainment,Spa,The neighboring Mtoni Palace where Princess Salme was born and the perfect setting for Zanzibar weddings! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mtoni Marine Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mtoni Marine Stone Town
- Mtoni Marine Hotel Stone Town
- Mtoni Marine Hotel Zanzibar Island/Stone Town