1,305 results
All reviews no alcohol freddie mercury nice pool swimming pool overlooking the beach prison island fantastic location antique furniture the hotel manager family room old world charm visit zanzibar charming hotel indian ocean night market central location forodhani gardens
Selected filters
Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

A huge room with two doubles and a lovely big bathroom. Clean and well appointed. Breakfast a veritable feast and lunch options varied and well priced. The pool and view are awesome. The staff are nearly all brilliant: one or two might be a little green still but that’s to be expected. Warning about the related apartments which are fabulous inside but you do have to negotiate a dark alley or two to get there. If you’re at all anxious about that I recommend you stump up for a room in the main hotel.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed April 12, 2019 via mobile

Loved it..all in all the best stay in zanibar.its definitly a come bk everytime we come to zanzibar.. Lovely ice cream
Swimming pool.rooms and town location..friendly stafd..masala.tea and pizza excetional
Breakfast is combination of orginal zanzibar dishes and english breakfast to suit everyones taste buds..varoety of fresh juices to choose from.thumbs up

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2019

Tembo Hotel was my first taste of Zanzibar, and what a great introduction. Room was clean and quite cozy. Breakfast was great with a wide variety of tropical fruits, fresh juices and my absolute favorite Pancakes. :) Shout out to their front desk for being so polite and offering me tips as I got ready to venture out on an evening exploration of Forodhani Food garden.
All in all I had a lovely stay.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed April 10, 2019 via mobile

Beautiful and clean hotel. Actually went in April of last year. Location is perfect too! Walked to forodhani gardens a couple of nights. It is by the beach so it was awesome having their wonderful breakfast while enjoying the view.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 9, 2019 via mobile

I've stayed in this charming hotel for one night only and I would definitely go back if I ever visit Zanzibar again. I've had a problem with my booking as incorrectly selected my arrival date. The hotel was fully booked, but thanks to Amigo and his great service I was not only able to stay, but also received an upgrade on my hotel room without paying more for it. I was offered a stunning room with a balcony and sea views. It was fantastic! The hotel staff was really friendly but special thanks go to Amigo who was also incredibly helpful the next day. Cannot thank him enough. An excellent customer service that deserves an outstanding review!

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple