“Wonderful Views and Atmosphere”
Review of Emerson Spice

Emerson Spice
Ranked #2 of 78 Restaurants in Stone Town
Cuisines: Seafood, Fusion
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Emerson Spice have two Restaurants: The Rooftop Tea House Restaurant - The Seafood Based, Set Five Course 'Taste Safari' Degustation Menu is prepared daily by our Zanzibari Chefs. The Sunset Hour is an integral part of the experience, so Diners are encouraged to arrive at any time after 5.30p.m. to enjoy a 'Sundowner' before dinner, which is served at 7p.m. Reservations Recommended. The Secret Garden - set amidst lushly landscaped hidden 'Ruins', open to the skies, it has a Zanzibari inspired A La Carte Menu. Look out for live music performed by The Dhow Countires Music Academy. Open for Lunch and Dinner.
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Wonderful Views and Atmosphere”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We enjoyed a great dinner here overlooking the city - the sights and sounds were amazing; worth the effort to find and remember to book.

Visited March 2013

• Polish first
Cedar Hills, Utah
“Delicious!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

My husband wasn't feeling well from eating something bad the night before, but I'm glad my son was there to share the dining experience here with me. First the sunset view is really beautiful. i don't rememberr how many courses there were in this set menu dinner, seven or something, and several things on the plate with each course, so a nice selection. Some things were really outstanding and others were nice, but nothing disappointing. I thought $30 for this set menu dinner was a great value. We really enjoyed our meal here!

1 Thank lovesmusic
Hartford, Connecticut
“Food, ambience, the whole 9 yards”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Climb 5 flights to the rooftop, where cooks prepare food under a canopy. Seating for about 40; you must call ahead to reserve a spot because everybody gets the same 16 course meal. While there you can watch the sun set over Stone Town, a rabbit's warren of alleyways and stone buildings that house shops, homes, restaurants, museums. You then hear the call to prayer from a half dozen separate mosques. Then watch the moon rise.
Service was just fine, and the tastes were subtle and exotic. It was something like $30 -- I thought a real value.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank mark b
Montreal, Canada
“Perfect time in Stone town”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I went to Emerson Spice last August and all I can say is that it was a perfect experience. The sight was incredible and I really loved to see the sunset and hear the muslim prayers. Food was delicious even though the glass of wine I ordered was bad. I had to ask for another one and, still the same awful taste. But I enjoyed my time there and the service was good. It's a bit hard to find the place, but it's worthwile to keep searching and ask to some locals. We also had the chance to visit the hotel and receive lots of information about the history of the building. Need to RSVP. A 5 course meal for 25 us$ is a perfect deal.
Thanks Emerson Spice to contribute for my lovely time in Tanzania. I recommand for sure!

• Visited August 2012
Malaga, Spain
“A little disapointing”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Emerson Spice hotel is a gorgeously stylish hotel. We went for the set dinner on the rooftop on our last night in Stone Town. We were very much looking forward to it. The food was nice......some very nice touches ..other dishes were ordinary. The worst parts of the evening were 1/ the holey and worn out table cloths, and 2/ the waiters very bad body odour. I think that the standards need to be raised in order to keep up with the hotels reputation.

Visited February 2013