“Magical Stay”

Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in Stone Town
Arusha, Tanzania
“Magical Stay”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I have stayed twice, and i have had an absolutely wonderful stay.
It truly is a hidden treasure in the streets of Stone town, never a boring moment, with so much to take in an admire, and learn.
The service is outstanding, food to match.
Overall i can honestly say a magical place to stay.

Thanks very much again.

Justin

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
JAFFERJI, Owner at Jafferji House & Spa, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely comments following your recent stay at Jafferji House and Spa.

I was pleased to hear that you found the service that we provide to be perfect and that you had an enjoyable time with us.

I hope that we have the pleasure in welcoming you back in the near future.

JAVED JAFFERJI

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Greek first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed June 12, 2012

One of the finest place i have visited yet, remarkable service and outstanding place to spend your vacations.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
JAFFERJI, Owner at Jafferji House & Spa, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your most kind words of appreciation.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Excellent all round: efficient and friendly reception, the concierge was helpful with directions, every member of staff I encountered smiled and greeted me. The room was very quiet and large compared to Europran standards.

I stayed in Adnans Suite, Beautiful blue room and very unique.

Breakfast was very good and staff were attentive without being intrusive. I shall definitely ask my booking agency to send me there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anon521
JAFFERJI, Owner at Jafferji House & Spa, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear Guest

WOW! it is such a pleasure to read your complimenting review on Jafferji House and Spa.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed the facilities in our hotel and enjoyed the stay.

If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind Regards

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Over the past few months I have been thinking about ways in which I could propose to my gorgeous girlfriend when the idea was to go Zanzibar came to mind.
I decided to have a look at what they had to offer in Zanzibar and was not disappointed.
I contacted the  hotel and booked myself into their amazing King Size Jafferji Sultan Deluxe Suite, the idea was that upon arrival to our suite my girlfriend would find a bouquet of 50 red roses, petals on the bed and a card which read “will you marry me?”

But how to organise all of this?
After my booking I emailed Donna to see if she could make this possible and later that same day I received a call from her. Donna was extremely helpful and excited about the surprise which I had in mind, we discussed the idea in length and Donna kept in contact right up to the date.
Upon arrival at the Jafferji house and Spa my girlfriend and I were struck by the decor of the hotel, it really was a beautiful place full with fantastic photographic artwork with a real lavish feeling.
The furniture is unique and truly antiques.
By this time was I getting rather nervous, however I had already received a text from Donna letting me know that the suite was ready and I was getting tensed.
Donna actually checked us into the hotel and showed us up to our suite, Jafferji Suite was simply breath taking to say the least, every little detail of the front room was perfect and then of course to top it off my girlfriend opened the door and walked into the bedroom.
Atmospheric lights and  rose petals on the bed, bouquet, campaign, rose petals in the bath it really was something special.
Her face was so happy as she opened the card which read “will you marry me?”, as she looked around I was on one knee with the ring and she said yes.

I would just like to thank the Jafferji House and Spa for the most amazing weekend, I honestly cannot recommend your hotel enough it was fantastic. With once more a brief thank you to all Jafferji House and spa staff.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

I am so excited that your trip worked out according to your expectations and you managed to propose your girlfriend in Zanzibar Romantic style.

Zanzibar is famous for romance, beaches and stylish hotels and I am am so happy to hear that you loved the Jafferjis Sultan Suite.

We would love to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards

nairobi, kenya
Reviewed June 3, 2012

A very unique place in a class of its own!

This is a wonderful place for a nice getaway. The hotel is a historic home of the Jafferji Family. The owner, I was told is a professional photographer which explains the awesome photography. The exotic interiors kinda makes you feel you are in Arabic country.

The price we received from the manager for this last minute planned getaway was very reasonable, especially with the free upgrade to the princess suite. The interiors were yet again simply and the bathroom..... oh so spacious!! The restaurant food was good and inexpensive, though had a limited menu. and although we knew that this place does not serve alcohol, the manager kindly allowed us to bring in our own bottle of wine. ...........friendly staff!!

Another great advantage is that it is located in the centre of stone town, allowing us to walk freely in all the alleys of this historic town, and a must to do is experience the beautiful sunsets that can be see best when you are on the west coast which is stone town. The only problem was that it was raining all the time.

Will definately stay there again!

Joana almeida, Nairobi,Kenya

Room Tip: the princess suite definately.
Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
JAFFERJI, Owner at Jafferji House & Spa, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for the time you have taken to post this review following your recent stay at the Jafferji House and Spa , which will indeed help all travellers to know what to expect in our hotel!

We would also like to inform that we will be updating and changing our menu in July and many other additional varieties will be added up.

Its a shame it was raining here when you visited as next time you should opt for sandbank picnic, full day on sandbank and a trip to prison island as well, this will enhance your stay in Stone Town and on your next stay with us, may I suggest that you experience one of our Superior Dulex Suite such as Jafferji Sultan Suite, which are more than generously spacious and worthy of the title! Besides more room to relax in peace and privacy, these rooms also include: bathrobes, bottled mineral water, WIFI and a complimentary canapes and cocktails at six o clock on daily basis.

I sincerely hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to the Jafferji House and Spa sometime in the future.

Arusha, Tanzania
Reviewed June 2, 2012

After hearing such good comments from people I know and from guests who had stayed there prior to coming over to Essque, I decided to stay there next time my family visits me in Zanzibar.

We spent 2 nights at Jafferji House and were lucky to have got the room we had heard so much about - The Princess Selma Suite! The suite was extremely spacious and stunningly decorated with brassware, old Zanzibari-style furniture reminiscent of the Sultan era and an ambience that brings the flavour of Old Zanzibar to life....Simply loved the whole feel of the place.

We are strict vegetarians and having informed the chef of this, we never imagined that the chef would take personal interest in our meals and provide us with gourmet themed options of some of the best vegetarian cuisines I have ever had on the island. He surprised us everytime with a variety spread leaving us speechless...and all quite affordable compared to other restaurants in Zanzibar!

We could not enjoy the spa since we were out and about so much, but we did have a look at it on the last day and felt bad that we were leaving without experiencing the princely treatments of the spa...Well, just gives us an excuse to stay back next time we are in Stone Town!

Throughout our stay we never felt we were staying in a hotel, we always thought we are amongst friends as were always greeted with a smile, spoken to so warmly and treated like VIP's! Loved every moment of our time there!

This place will always be special and have since our stay recommended to quite a few friends to stay with them on their trip to Zanzibar. I would strongly recommend this to anyone out there too!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SafariMaster
Dear Reviewer

To be called a ' stunning gem'' is an occlade for which I wholeheartedly say - thank you.

My team are passionate to make sure that every guest has a pleasant experience in our hotel and is able to take-in everything that Zanzibar has to offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Sincerely

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Jafferji house is the perfect place to stay in Zazibar. Located within easy reach of key attractions, this place offers travelers, and holiday makers every thing they need.Friendly staff, cozy interior and perfect dining. we recommend this place to all honey moon couples.

Room Tip: Try to book Mercury Suite. This is the best room in Hotel.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
JAFFERJI, Owner at Jafferji House & Spa, responded to this review, June 3, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting such a fabulous review on the hotel. We are all delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Zanzibar.

Next time you should try Sand Bank picnic on the deserted sandbanks. You will love it.