“Saved the day”
Review of Forodhani Park

Forodhani Park
Ranked #3 of 43 things to do in Stone Town
Reviewed August 24, 2014

So this is a follow-up to my review on Mercury Restaurant.
After leaving Mercury Restaurant really angry and still very hungry, i went back to the Forodhani Park. (Back because, my bus had driven past it on my arrival earlier in the morning and because i had walked past it when i went in search of a BDC to change the USD i had on me)

I walked in taking in the view, lots of people some seated, some standing in front of food vendors trying to order food, i approached one stand where a young guy immediately offered me a paper plate, reeling out the menu and prices. I picked one stick each of lobster, fish, beef and added some fries and sugarcane juice (Lord-help-me but i had swore i wouldn't touch the sugarcane juice cos of the flies i saw milling around the vendors at Darajani Market earlier).

Long story short, i arrived back at Doubletree by Hilton hotel and had me some dinner. The food at Forodhani Gardens saved the day.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,311)
All reviews
in 15 reviews
"walk around"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed August 24, 2014

It is a cool and clean park to enjoy, very near to the port and the Palace museum. It is beautifully built, have variety of flowers and plants as well as place to relax. There is option of paid rides for kids also

Reviewed August 21, 2014

We visited with our 5-year-old who loved the children's playground in the park. It cost less than a dollar to go in and was nice.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

Our hotel was nearby, so we enjoyed the activity and barbecues that happened nightly in the park. Great spot for people watching!