Bouquets: Location is good in the middle of the winding streets of Stone Town & the building itself has a certain charm; the manager is helpful and the local staff very friendly; the cafe downstairs is a bonus with some nice food & a place to just chill; taxis are available right outside at reasonable prices.
Brick bats: I feel the price is a bit much for what you actually get (US$80 double B&B) although perhaps Zanzibar has generally become a bit over priced for what it offers these days compared to other similar locations. Our room was Ok but nothing great and there were a few problems with it - the air con vents appeared to be quite damaged so it barely worked, the bathroom toilet/bidet tap leaked water so this corner of the bathroom was always covered in water, the taps in the bathroom wash basin were loose and coming away from their fittings so you had to actually hold them at the base in order to switch on the taps, and overall the room was a bit tired.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stone Town Cafe and Bed and Breakfast is located in Shangani on Kenyatta Road, just 2 minutes walk from most restaurants and tourist shops, 5 minutes from the Old Fort, and about 10 minutes walk through the narrow streets to Darajani market. Breakfast is served in the cafe downstairs which is open from 8am to 10pm. To book with us directly search Stone Town Cafe and Bed & Breakfast on your browser ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Stone Town Cafe and Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stone Town Cafe And Bed And Breakfast
- Stone Town Cafe Hotel Stone Town
- Stone Town Cafe And Bed & Breakfast Zanzibar Island