“Nice hotel”
Review of Kisiwa House

Kisiwa House
Ranked #16 of 33 Hotels in Stone Town
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Kisiwa House is a very nice hotel, comfortable, decorated with traditional furniture and well located. The breakfast at the terrace is delicious and a perfect way to start the day.
We really enjoyed our stay there and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone who wants to explore Stone Town.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank guiomarps

Reviewed June 16, 2014

We have just checked out from a 2 night stay at Kisiwa house. This hotel was absolutely wonderful, I cannot fault any aspect of our stay. We arrived shaken after being robbed in Dar es Salaam and his place was an oasis for us. Authentic stone building with whitewashed walls and antique furniture. Large clean room with fridge, safe, desk, wardrobe. The bed was comfortable and large. Beautiful bathroom, great water pressure, double sinks, supplied toiletries. The staff were helpful and friendly. Breakfast was a feast of fruit, breads, cereal with yoghurt, bacon, eggs, sausage, tomato etc with juice and tea/coffee, all served promptly by attentive staff on the rooftop balcony with a view of the sea. Hotel is within 5 minutes with of restaurants, shops, ATMs and the forodohani gardens. No hidden charges at checkout and they kindly let us store our bags until our ferry. The wooden staircase is noisy but we did not hear it from our room - only 10 rooms so is quite small. All in all this place was excellent value for money and a beautiful, authentic, serene place to stay.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I cannot say enough good things about this place. My boyfriend and I stayed there two nights at the beginning and end of our trip to Zanzibar and we couldn't have loved it more. The hotel is in a great location and is walkable to everything you would want to see and do in Stonetown. The hotel staff were SO nice - they even let us store our bags there after check out while we walked around so we didn't have to bring them with us. The rooms are gorgeous. The breakfast is delicious. If I'm ever back in Stonetown this is where I will stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anna J
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I'm sure you really will enjoy from staying in this hotel. a luxury hotel with beautiful and comfort room, cozy bed, a good view from terrace and really good quality, fresh and tasty breakfast. and according to this specifications it worth the fare you pay. I highly recommend this place

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Even before i arrived, the hotel had called me so help sort out my reservation issues. Very few hotels call intending guests before arrival. I was impressed. But that was just the beginning. I do love this hotel. The location is perfect, the ambience/ vibe of the hotel was very homely and welcoming. The staff are alright i guess but my favourite is Said and the other restaurant staff. The hotel was really clean, big airy rooms. I guess i just liked the hotel until i stayed in another thats when o appreciated Kisiwa House. It would definitely be among my top if i was to return to Stonetown.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 9, 2014

I actually stayed in this hotel almost a lot of time ago and while I was recommending a hotel for a friend who will visit Zanzibar I recommended this hotel in Stonetown and have realized that I had not written a review on it so here we go:

Good clean hotel.
Nice staff.
Good location.
Nice rooms.
All fine.

In short, I have no hesitations to recommend this hotel. In Zanzibar standards this is a very good hotel to stay in and if I go there again I would stay here.

One additional tip re stonetown: If you will stay in stonetown, 2 nights is sufficient. Some even find 1 night sufficient. Either 1 or 2 nights. you choose. But not 3 nights. We spent two nights in this hotel and were very happy for doing so. Recommended without any hesitations.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank YALIN19
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights at this fabulous and authentic hotel. It had a great location in the centre of Stone Town, about a 3 minute walk from the beach and within close proximity of the majority of the local attractions. Staff were friendly and helpful and welcomed us with great warmth when we arrived (and a cocktail). The decor and ambience really gives you the feel that this hotel holds much history. Our room was beautiful with a 4 poster bed, bathroom with central tub and 2 sinks - and were very clean! Food on the rooftop terrace was also delicious and the included breakfast was great. Would 100% recommend this hotel and if we ever go back to Stone Town we would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Melia Zanzibar
Melia Zanzibar
#1 of 12 in Kiwengwa
DoubleTree by Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi

Been to Kisiwa House? Share your experiences!