We stayed one night in a Malkia junior suite on the second floor. The room was quiet with good air conditioning. The room was very spacious and tastefully furnished and the building itself a lovely, restored 19th century mansion. Location was excellent. We were tired post-safari and dined on the hotel`s outdoor rooftop deck. Setting was lovely but the food only average. At first we were daunted by the maze of streets of Stone Town but we quickly got our bearings and we would have tried other dining options had we stayed longer, including the vendor stalls at the Fordahani Gardens. However, we did enjoy our stay at Kisiwa House and the front desk kindly allowed us a free 90 minute late departure to time with our transfer to our beach hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxurious Boutique hotel in Stone Town, Kisiwa House is noted for its elegant blend of Zanzibar décor and gracious Swahili hospitality.Superbly located on a quiet street in the heart of Zanzibar historical centre within easy walking distance of famous landmarks, museums, antique shops and restaurants. Kisiwa House provides every modern convenience to the business or leisure traveller, promising an unforgettable experience of professional service, superb comfort and unmatched elegance.Get inspired, discover the new and unusual. Enjoy the charm of an old and typical Zanzibar town house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz and getaroom.com so you can book your Kisiwa House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kisiwa House Hotel Stone Town
- Kisiwa House Zanzibar Island/Stone Town