I stayed in Warere in June.
The hotel was fantastic, very rustic and full of antique stuffs, which is all Zanzibar is about.
Room was clean and spacious. We even had a balcony to chill for smokes/drinks.
And the best will be having breakfast at the rooftop. The views were amazing.
Location was alright, although the surrounding looked dodgy (near the ferry station) but we walked home all the way from Livingstone bar (all the way on the other side of Stone Town) with no problems. If in doubt, just stick to the main roads.
The staffs were friendly and always happy to help. We liked Warere so much that we wanted to extend the stay, but unfortunately it was fully booked. The staff was helpful enough to walk with us to check out other hotels nearby, which we were fully greatful. Also they helped us enquire about several tours (we didnt have local Tanzanian mobile number), and this was after we checked out! Great service.
I reckon the this hotel offers the best bang for your buck.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Warere Town House is one of the oldest hotels in Stone Town providing authentic, affordable accommodation for over 30 years. We are a small, family run hotel that prides itself on making your stay on our spice island memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, HostelWorld and Agoda so you can book your Warere Town House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Warere Town House Hotel Stone Town
- Warere Town House Zanzibar Island/Stone Town