Unfortunately we stayed here for only one night. We would gladly have stayed longer.
Warere is fantastic because of its style and decoration: this really is a town house, and it is beautifully and stylishly decorated. It feels like going back in time or stepping into another world. I enjoyed this because it is not just a bland place that could be anywhere in the world: this is really Zanzibar, and the Zanzibar from the old days at that.
Our room was very spacious with huge beds and a breezy balcony and the largest bathroom we've had in all of Africa. And warm water in the shower! Bliss.
Breakfast on the rooftop terrace was excellent and delicious. Staff very friendly and helpful.
The location was fine in our opinion: a couple of minutes walking into the center. Yes, the street is a bit dark and unlit at night but we (3 girls) didn't feel unsafe.
A lot of good stuff for the small sum you pay here! I would stay here again without a doubt if I ever go back to Stone Town, and then hopefully longer than just 1 night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Warere Town House is one of the oldest hotels in Stone Town providing authentic, affordable accommodation for over 30 years. We are a small, family run hotel that prides itself on making your stay on our spice island memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Warere Town House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Warere Town House Hotel Stone Town
- Warere Town House Zanzibar Island/Stone Town