We stayed here two nights after coming in from Kigali and heading out to Chumbe Island. Kenya Airways failed to deliver our luggage to Zanzibar, so my wife had no gear for a day, and I for three days. The manager and staff helped us retrieve luggage, and directed us as to where we could purchase some supplies to tide us over. In my case, I needed prescription drugs, and staff directed us to a great little pharmacy about 1 km. away that fixed me up. When we were trying to find our way out to the main streets from the hotel, staff guided us there.
We rented an air-conditioned room, and it was quite welcome because the closed windows kept out street noise, and allowed us to wash and dry overnight the only clothes we had.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Stone Town.
The only down side was the slowness of breakfast staff to have food out. It seemed they only started to prepare food at the opening hour, rather than have it ready for this time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Warere Town House is one of the oldest hotels in Stone Town providing authentic, affordable accommodation for over 30 years. We are a small, family run hotel that prides itself on making your stay on our spice island memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Warere Town House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Warere Town House Hotel Stone Town
- Warere Town House Zanzibar Island/Stone Town