We stayed at Warere Guest House for 2 nights on arrival in Stone Town. We were a bit concerned when we pulled up at first through the back entrance in the dark, but we need not have been worried as it is a wonderful hotel and great value for money. We stayed in a 'deluxe' balcony room which had a huge comfortable bed with a mosquito net, fan and air con. The balcony was lovely.
The decor is quite simple and authentic (nothing fancy, but just right!) and the terrace views are fantastic. There is a fridge where you can help yourself to drinks and breakfast is simple, but nice.
It is about a 10 minute walk to Stone Town and Forodhani Gardens (it is safe, just a bit dark!) and the hotel is conveniently located right by the ferry terminal. If you don't want to walk all the way into Stown Town for dinner, Mercury's is very close and is very nice. We didn't eat there but the menu looked good and drinks on the beach terrace were very nice.
So all in all a lovely place and great value for money! Don't expect luxury, but I would definitely recommend this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Warere Town House is one of the oldest hotels in Stone Town providing authentic, affordable accommodation for over 30 years. We are a small, family run hotel that prides itself on making your stay on our spice island memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda and HostelWorld so you can book your Warere Town House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Warere Town House Hotel Stone Town
- Warere Town House Zanzibar Island/Stone Town