“Great introduction to Tanzania!”

andBeyond Lake Manyara Tree Lodge
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I have been to Tanzania before but my mom has not, and they staff made our first stop in Tanzania a very memorable one for both of us! Emme, our Ranger, was kind, funny and knowledgable. The stilted tree house was beautiful and the food delicious. If you love elephants and giraffes, this is a great park to see these animals. I would highly recommend the Tree Lodge and thank you for an excellent stay!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Lake Manyara Tree Lodge is spectacular. Not only is the lodge itself beautiful and romantic but it’s really all about the service here. Upon arrival we were greeted by Ashiri the manager and introduced to our butler, BUTLER! Oh my goodness…..Joseph, who was phenomenal. We couldn’t go to our tree house right away because there was an elephant on the path (so cool!) so we enjoyed a drink at the main lodge and took everything in. After the elephant had left we were shown to our incredible room in the middle of the jungle. It truly is amazing. After washing up a bit we went to the main lodge where they were setting up the boma for dinner. As soon as we got to the lodge we had delicious frozen gin and tonics in our hands and our own tapas delivered to our comfy seats. After we finished as people were starting to sit down at the tables in the boma, we were told we had something special tonight. They took us back to our treehouse and there was a beautifully set table with candles everywhere in our room. There we also had every type of wine you could want red, white, bubbly, as well as Amarula, which Joseph had remembered my husband liking before. Every course was brought to our tree house by Joseph (all of them delicious of course) and as we were finishing dessert we could hear lions!

The next day I was feeling unwell (I had contracted e coli while volunteering in Kenya) and we skipped the morning safari drive to rest and enjoy the lodge. We had an amazing lunch, and after a little bit of a rest I was feeling up to our afternoon game drive.

We went with our guide and drove along beautiful Lake Manyara, taking our time and enjoying all the animals. From a distance we could see someone setting up sundowners in the middle of the park.....little did we know it was for us! What a surprise it was, one of the best moments of the trip. We were in the middle of the park, with zebras, baboons, wildebeest, buffalo and impala all around….and elephants even came out of the trees. Joseph was waiting for us with any kind of beverage we could ever want and SNACKS! They popped bubbly for us and we had a whole hour there to enjoy the sunset on our own before the other guests arrived. Dinner in the boma that night was out of this world. So romantic and delicious…..all the wine we could ever drink, frozen gin and tonics! A bush baby even came close by for a look.

The only complaint I had of the lodge was that I am terribly afraid of bats, and at night there were about 5-7 bats swooping in our treehouse and it was not very relaxing because of this. Luckily we had our mosquito net but I was too afraid to go to the bathroom or to enjoy an evening bath. That being said, I realize it is in the jungle and they can’t really do much about it.

The next morning after breakfast the entire staff sent us off with love. When leaving we asked the general manager if he could drop our extra mosquito net (from volunteering) off somewhere where it would be useful, and he assured us he would. We didn’t really know if it would make a difference, but hoped since this was the jungle someone could put it to good use. To be honest after this we forgot about it. They e-mailed us after our trip, showing us pictures of the clinic they gave it to, saying we helped save a life…..a pregnant woman with her 2-3 year old son under it on the bed. It was so thoughtful of them to e-mail us and we were SO happy that someone really got to use it. Thank you Lake Manyara Tree Lodge for an amazing honeymoon, we miss you!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Abbie H
Reviewed July 2, 2012

A wonderful stay inside the park. Actually got to see what the area was famous for- the tree climbing lions. The accommodations were lovely-bush babies visited in the night. Giraffe, elephant, flamingos, baboons all shared sundowners with us. A wonderful stop during my East African Safari

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed April 9, 2012

We stayed here in 2008, sorry the review is so late! We loved tree lodge and would gladly stay several days. The place was secluded and romantic. A sexy tree house style. No air-conditioning though, but that was true throughout the hotels we stayed at. Manyara is small, but this is where we saw the most elephants I our entire trip, up close! I'm pining to go back.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 21, 2012

This tree lodge in the middle of the park (the only hotel actually in the park) was the easily the top hotel i have ever stayed in. Luxury in the middle of the forest in a tree house, excellent fresh food, and the best service. It was truly a magical experience. We went there on our honeymoon and I would recommend it to everyone who can afford it!!

We stayed in February 2011.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gauri83
Reviewed February 19, 2012

I don't understand how anyone could give this lodge 4 stars as it was a stunning place to stay! The lodges were beautiful - clean, large and in a tree! - the food was excellent, the staff SO friendly and helpful (special mention to our guide Titus whose knowledge and enthusiasm was second to none) and the atmosphere relaxed, especially after the frozen gin and tonics!! Why anyone would need electricity 24 hours a day is beyond me but if you do then that would be a downside as it is turned off for 6 hours overnight, but really, experience and enjoy the peace and quiet and dark and nature. If you are on safari in this part of the world STAY HERE you won't regret it.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank happytourist33
Reviewed February 10, 2012

I spent two nights in lake manyara tree lodge with my husband and our 10 years old son. We were treated like kings. It is one of the (Beyond) branches. The tree house was like a beautiful dream, it felt like living in a jungle with 7 stars standards. The staff were very friendly, helpful and professional. They wake you up every morning with a soft nock at your door and a pot of coffee, juice and cookies. We had our clothes washed and ironed every day. When we decide to have our lunch in the bushes during the game drive, we had a wonderful picnic basket with delicious food. We had our dinner around the fire and enjoyed the atmosphere. My husband had a message for $80 and he said it was one of the best. If I have the chance to visit lake manyara again, I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank dr.amal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake Manyara National Park
Four Seasons Safari Lodge Serengeti
Four Seasons Safari Lodge Sereng...
#4 of 121 in Serengeti National Park
#18 of 121 in Serengeti National Park
Lake Manyara Kilimamoja Lodge
Lake Manyara Kilimamoja Lodge
#1 of 43 in Lake Manyara National Park

Been to andBeyond Lake Manyara Tree Lodge? Share your experiences!