“Once is more than enough”

Mont Aux Sources Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Bergville
Reviewed March 9, 2013

The Room we booked was in a mess not cleaned with a horrible view in the backyard, so they proposed à chalet with two bedrooms it could havé Been a nice switch but what à déception ! we were back in thé eightees or thé seventies : very old furniture, bathrooms out of âge . Let s talk about thé food : just bad, very bad , we stayed Three nights and this hotel is very disapointing

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank goodPaca
Francois v, General Manager at Mont Aux Sources Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your your valued feedback. I would have liked if you could perhaps have asked for me during your stay to discuss your room allocation, I will surely discuss the food feedback with my Executive Chef. The Chalets are in a Maintenance program and we will be completed wit the outsides in due time.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Had a great week awa in the Berg. Great rooms, food and service. Staff were always willing to assist, and manager (Francois) was never too far away, and listened to all suggestions.
Had a brilliant restful time, and even hig rain fall didn't dampen the spirits. The receptionists were helpful in locating places for zip line flying, horse riding and hiking trails - All were within a short travelling distance.
Special Valentine's day supper was awesome, and even power failures could not spoil the atmosphere..

Room Tip: Rooms were very quiet.. Will add photos later..
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Francois v, General Manager at Mont Aux Sources Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your valued feedback in regards to your recent stay at my hotel. I will surely insure my staff gets to see your feedback, we would love to see you again in the future.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

The chalet we were booked into was not clean, with stains on the bed linen and furniture and smelt odd. The alternative chalet offered was a little better but still unacceptable (the fridge was broken and the lounge covered in spiders webs). We complained again and were offered two rooms in the hotel, which were of a good standard.

The hotel's saving grace was its staff - they dealt with our complaints politely and effectively and were always pleasant and helpful.

Overall a lovely location with fantastic staff but let down by poor attention to detail, under-investment and a general shoddiness. I would not stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Duncan_L007
Francois v, General Manager at Mont Aux Sources Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your valued feedback in regards to your recent stay at my hotel. I appoligise for the state you have recieved your chalet, we are currently working on fixing these units and already did repainted 12 Chalets on the outside. We will bring these units back to it's former glory.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We had a great time, really had enough rest and the scenery is absolutely beautiful!! If you and your family want to get away from the busy life Mont-aux-Source in Drakensberg is the best place to come and relax!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank juanitaliebenberg
Francois v, General Manager at Mont Aux Sources Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2013

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your stay at Orion Mont Aux Sources Hotel. I hope that you will use us again in the future.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

My family and I recently spent 6 days at the Mont-Aux-Sources Hotel from Dec 21,2012 to Dec 27, 2012 and postives were: the views; newly renovated hotel rooms, dinning room and bar area; good buffett food in the dining room; DRAK Entertainment who were absolutely brilliant; staff in the bar area, dining room and at security were very friendly, professional and got the job done.

However despite these positives, there were a number of negatives which made the visit disappointing and did not live up to the expectation:

• Facilities on the premises are very run down and guests should be informed of the state of the facilities e.g.
o 18 hole putt-putt course, whilst an excellent layout is falling apart, the tennis court is in appalling condition, Games room was under construction yet no mention was made of this when we made our reservation; swimming pool apparently turned brown the day before we arrived and after 6 days still remained green.
• Chalet number 2 (502) – It appeared as those this chalet had not been cleaned in a while – drinking and wine glasses were dirty; kitchen shelves had not been properly wiped down, Bathrooms were not clean and in fact, the shower in the one bathroom did not have any shower doors.

We had a very enjoyable and relaxing stay despite some of the negatives mentioned above, but the central reservations teams should be inform guests of the status of the facilities in order to manage expectations.

This hotel has so much potential to be a real top class tourist attraction in the berg. If you do plan on going - I suggest that you stay in the hotel and not in the chalets.

Room Tip: Stay in the newly renovated hotel rooms
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ADBarr
Francois v, General Manager at Mont Aux Sources Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you so much for your valued feedback, we appreciate your positive feedback in regards to your stay at Mont Aux Sources. Thank you for bringing the issues raised in your email dated 02 January 2013 to my attention, rest assured these will be dealt with appropriately.

1. We are planning to relocate the Putt Putt to a more suitable area, as it was build on a surface and area that collects a lot of water and damages the framework and in turn the playing surfaces. Our Putters are sufficient up to a certain amount of people, but I will purchase more of them, as clearly we do not have sufficent stock.
2. The Tennis court - I really do agree that is not in a suitable standard for playing, and I will definatley take this up with my superiors so that we can prioritize an action plan to address the problem.
3. The Entertainment Centre was due to be ready by December holiday break, unfortunately we could not finish with all the equipment to be placed in the inside due to factors beyond our control. My aim is to get back into the project now that the holidays are coming to an end and have it in working order by the very latest Easter .
4. Just before your check in we had a severe storm pouring down 130mm in a few minutes, as the swimming pool is build just long side a downhill, a stream of mud, sand flowed directly in my swimming pool, leaving 4 – 5cm of mud and sand in the bottom, we did struggle to get it clean and sparkling with chemicals and as per the instructions. We may have to drain this pool and create a drainage dtch or runaway to stop water and mud intrusion form downpours into the pool.
5. I have addressed the cleaning and hygiene issues with the chalets with my housekeeper, we will sort this problem out. I understand the chalets are not in a good order due to age and neglect, I am working hard to get this chalets in a better state, I have painted 12 chalets on the outside and will continue in this new year with my chalet renovation project that is already making good progress.
6. I will have a meeting with my Head of Department in Front Office to insure training to be done on certain Customer Service aspects with my front office staff, as this is our
contact point for all of our valuable customers.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback. I will use this valuable feedback to enhnace our service and increase the qaulity of our guest experience...

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Our company treated their staff and families to a wonderful weekend at Mont-aux-Sources in August 2012. Given the size of our group, we enjoyed exclusivity of the entire hotel! Wow! The overall service, menus selection and quality of food (there were many dietary requirements!) and room requests (families with babies, in particular) were all done to our requirements and done very well. August was a very dry and windy period and as such, the rooms became fairly dusty quite quickly - but nothing a very efficient housekeeping team were not able to sort out on a daily basis :) Unfortunately we just missed the completion of the new games room but there were enough onsite activities and many more in the area to keep our large group very busy.
Hats off to an very well rounded, professional team at Mont-aux-Sources and thank you :)
Angie Redman

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Angie R
Francois v, General Manager at Mont Aux Sources Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you so much for your great feedback, we are very pleased to hear that you and your team have enjoyed your stay at Orion Mont Aux Sources. I will pass your feedback to my staff aswell.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

What a beautiful secluded area in the Northern Drakensberg! The staff go out of their way to ensure a happy stay. Their breakfast spread is delicious. It is around the corner of the Royal National Park, a favourite visiting place.

Room Tip: We had a room downstairs and were surprised at how the sound echoed (through closed doors and closed...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Santjie
Francois v, General Manager at Mont Aux Sources Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Dear Valued Guest

Tahnk you for your valued feedback in regards to your stay at Orion Mont Aux Sources, I will pass your message to my staff as well.

Hope to see you again soon

Regards

Francois van Wyk

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bergville
Cavern Drakensberg Resort & Spa
Drakensberg Mountain Retreat
Little Switzerland Hotel
Little Switzerland Hotel
#3 of 13 in Bergville

Been to Mont Aux Sources Hotel? Share your experiences!