“Unprofessional / Unreliable”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Watertown
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I booked this hotel through Choice Hotels and two days before my booking I received a call from Mary (front desk) saying that they needed confirmation of my employment to lock down the rate I receive through Choice Hotel's online booking. I book with Choice Hotels weekly and have never had any issues with my reservation. They said they could not honor my reservation even after I gave them all my employment information. I asked over and over again to speak to the manager and they would not let me. The manager (Priscilla) would not come to the phone, although I heard her in the background “hiding” behind her front desk employee. I will continue to book with Choice Hotels, but never with this Econo Lodge. To be honest I was a bit suspicious to stay there in the first place. I would not waste your time with this unprofessional staff. With the way they treat people, I could only image what their habits of maintenance are like.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Sean P
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed at the Econo Lodge Watertown on Saturday April 13th 2013 and our parents were across the hall. We were all awoke at 2:00 2:30 AM bout lots of yelling and fighting in the hallway. Apparantly it was a party gone wrong. The noise continued for some time and the front office contacted. The desk person was coming over to evict the noisemakers.
The office is in another building at least 500 feet away and DOESN'T have closed circuit camera monitors of the actual hotel area. We came to find out there are camera's but the system is set up in the maintenance room in the hotel buildings not the front desk. Makes sense right ?
A simple wireless feed to the desk area would fix this and realisticly should already exist.
We have stayed at this hotel almost yearly for a number of years and were really disappointed in it. They usually had been very good about seperating the potential partiers from the average traveller. Another guest told us we only heard the 1/2 of it as it had been an ongoing party since 10:00 PM
Next time we are in Watertown I think we'll spend the extra $$$ and stay at the Comfort Inn or Holiday Inn Express

Room Tip: pick another hotel
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ZOSOLZ
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My wife and I had stayed at this motel on several different occasions and found it to be a pretty decent place to stay.However, this past weekend proved to be the exact opposite experience.The odor upon entering the the room was like a punch in the face. We were awoke our first night with the fire alarm going off at around 1 AM..we can only assume some idiot pulled the alarm for fun.The second night we were woke at around 3 AM with people partying and fighting right outside our room.To top it all off,the cleaning staff avoided our room,there were no fresh towels, linen or anything else.Needless to say, we will not be returning.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you just want a bed for the night and at a reasonable price, this Econolodge will do. My room was pretty drab and showing its age, but it was clean and the bed was comfortable. The bath room was no more than adequate and the tub shower was pretty antiquated — but I managed.
The morning's continental breakfast was again adequate but unexciting. I noticed unopened baking goods stacked in cartons in one corner of the room. When I had breakfast the food counter had run out of bagels, and I had to settle for an English muffin. Just I was leaving an employee arrived, went to a supply box, and retrieved a package of bagels for the counter, but it was too late for me — and anyway, how long had those unopened packages been sitting there.
However staff members I dealt with seemed friendly enough.
My big reservation was with the security. You actually check in in a small office in a separate building at the front of the property on Arsenal Street. Then there's a long driveway leading to the buildings. At night you're very aware of their remoteness from the bustle of the street, also of the darkness. The positive side of this is that you're away from street noise. The negative side is that my building was wide open to anybody, not just registered guests. I would have assumed my building would have locked security entrances which could be accessed with my room key. But this was not the case. Especially at night an unwelcome intruder would therefore be able to freely, and without detection, enter the guest-room corridors. Potential guests, especially women travelling alone, would be wise to take note of this

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank travelling1935
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

This is the second time we stayed here. When we checked in the person at the front desk was so friendly. Our rooms were clean. Some updates needed but for the price you pay it is great. Close to all shopping. Will stay again!!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed December 23, 2012

The econolodge was affordable, close to shopping and restaurants. The hotel itself is old and the rooms are "tired". The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly. P{robably will not return here....

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed December 8, 2012

This hotel was not bad for the price we paid. It was conveniently located on Arsenal St. close to the Salmon Run Mall and other big box stores as well as many restaurants. The hotel has an indoor swimming pool which my Son and I really enjoyed. The complimentary breakfast wasn't the best as it did not include eggs, waffles or pancakes but that wasn't a deal breaker for us.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family