“Texas Roadhouse”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I was in the mood for a great steak in the Watertown area and decided on Texas Roadhouse. Upon entering the atmosphere was great. Lots of people, televisions going and a friendly wait staff. I was told there was a 20 minute wait, which was fine. There was a seating area which was comfortable for the wait. I pretty much already knew what I wanted, but was pleasently surprised to be served fresh baked rolls with honey, cinnamon butter. They were delicious. I had the porterhouse steak with two sides to include a baked sweet potato. The meal come out within 15 minutes. it was both hot and delicious. The service was fantastic as well. Every time the waitress came by, she was either asking if I needed anything else or she taking something away. Overall, the food and the prices were great. If you are in the Watertown area and you're looking for a great steak, this is the place.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

This restaurant is awesome! The staff is wonderful and very cheerful. The food is absolutely the best and the price great! Totally recommend eating here!

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Been going there for the last few years and never disappointed, the staff are great, the prices are really good and the Steaks are fantastic, we don't have anything like this in Ottawa. Forgot to mention the warm buns, with cinnamon butter, gotta love them.

Rick

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I was actually at this restaurant in the Summer - excuse the late review! I had heard of this restaurant and was curious to see what the hype was about. It was worth the 20 minute wait for the table! We were treated with a great deal of courtesy and the waitress was so helpful and attentive. She was helpful with her recommendations and we felt 'special'. Loved the peanuts on the floor and the happy family-friendly atmosphere :) Food was excellent and tasty. Waitress even recommended a good park for a walk afterwards when we asked. She was correct. I will return to Watertown - you rock!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

First time visit and on a Friday night in Watertown, New York. There must have been 35 to 40 people ahead of us but true to her word the hostess had us seated within 40 minutes. It was worth the wait. We all focused on the steaks offered and I ordered the 12 oz Rib Eye for about $17. You pick two sides and so I choose the Caesar salad and the sweet potato. The Caesar was average to above average and the sweet potato was delish. The Ribeye was cooked as ordered and it was a top quality steak well worth the price. They make their money from the bar and drinks. The beer on tap offered at the table was only Sam Adams Oktoberfest and the Boston Lager, at $5.75. A tad high. On the way out my daughter treated her brother to a shot of whisky at the bar lto welcome him back from Afghanistan. The "shot" was not the standard size and was a small a you can get. Very disappointing. Next time we will try the wine and see if it is more reasonable or at least worth the price you pay.

1  Thank mrmartymoo