“Generations of Good Food”
Review of Fairground Inn

Fairground Inn
Ranked #3 of 150 Restaurants in Watertown
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We frequent the Fairgrounds Inn often and are always satisfied with quality, service, food portion and price. The last time there I was getting ready to box my extra pasta to bring home, I asked the waitress if i could have a little more sauce. I only asked for a little to wet up my leftover pasta but the waitress came back with a container with enough sauce for me that I used on a little more pasta that i cooked for another meal for two the next night. If you are looking for a local 3 generation restaurant when you come to Watertown, this is the stop...as opposed to chain restaurants or fast food stops. I highly doubt you will be disappointed. Their menu is online

Reviewed July 31, 2013

2 adults and 1 child went. We had two burgers, both cooked perfectly and one had stuffed peppers. Again it was prepared perfectly. Nice to not have to go for chain food when visiting Watertown. This place is perfect for families, couples, young adults. The prices for the food is more then fair given the quality. Decor- well it's "homey" but it doesn't matter. I would easily recommend for others and I will go back for sure next time I'm in the area. Nicely done and well deserving on its TA ranking.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Was in from out of town and wanted something non food chain with good reviews and good food - exactly what I got! Very friendly staff, huge portions, pretty tasty and reasonable prices. It's not fine dining and silverware by any means but if you're looking for a comfortable, local neighborhood kind of place this is it. Fairly crowded on a Tuesday and the buzz inside was no problem. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

the house dressing !!Just love it, always come here to eat!!! Had a great time service was excellant

Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Since moving to Watertown NY in Jan it has been fun learning the popular places to eat here. We've had some hits and misses but the fairground inn is a home run! A sign of how good it is, is the waiting list every time we go! No seriously it doesn't matter what day it is, if you're not there by 4:30 pm you will be standing in line for a table.
Their food is American though they are especially known for their Italian. I am very picky about my pasta sauces but theirs is amazing. And the house dressing for salads, to die for! Have NEVER had a bad meal and we eat here 1-2 times a week.
This area is a very big tourist hot spot because of the Thousand islands, so I'm sure come summer this place will get even busier if that's possible.
The serviers are all experienced, knowledgeable and friendly though you really can't spend too much time with them as they are running from table to table!
I think the best part of the fairground inn is the value. For the two of us with dessert, we have never spent more than $40. Usually in the mid 30's. And the portion sizes are very large.
If you're in the area or coming down from Canada, please try this place out! It will be a place worth the drive!