Hampton Inn Watertown
$108
$109
Relax Inn(Watertown)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfront deskbusiness centergreat hotelcomplimentary breakfastroom was cleanplace to stayoatmealnight's sleepbreakfast was excellentthe breakfast areacookiesfresh fruitalexandria baynew yorkfort drumexcellent stayfitness center
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Booked 2 rooms for ourselves and visitors from the UK night of September 14th. Always stay at Hampton when we can, as we can usually count on its consistency and good value. Watertown was no exception. Staff were friendly and efficient; rooms were large, clean and well equipped; breakfast was included and had a good variety of both cold and hot items. Will be happy to stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bankerboy1947
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I stayed here with my daughter for a "back to school girls getaway" to do some shopping and it was excellent! Very clean, nice spacious rooms, excellent complimentary breakfast (couldn't believe the variety of items!!) Close to all shopping and restaurants. Fantastic!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
2  Thank Julie M
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This hotel offers a good place to stay for the price and is centrally located with-in walking distance to shopping and eating. The staff is helpful a friendly. The complimentary free breakfast suffered from a lack of utensils and I found if you go towards the end of the allotted time the food quality suffered.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Earlier in our trip we had a less than stellar experience at an old Mom and Pop motel in Lewiston, NY. Faced with the same uncertainty in Clayton, NY we decided to drive somewhat out of our way to stay here and were not disappointed with the consistent quality of a Hampton Inn. Great place to stay and the included breakfast is always welcome.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GreatLakesMariner
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I hate to be so obviously shallow but we stayed at the Hampton Inn because of tripadvisor putting them first in Watertown...and the breakfast buffet...we are suckers for breakfast gluttony that doesn't involve "continental" cop outs (a limp croissant and a juice box? no thanks).

The breakfast buffet was just fine. It wasn't blow-yer-socks-off-and-tweet-about-it amazing but it was just fine. It may have even merited a close up of the waffle maker overflowing with an instagram "#oopsie #toofull #getinmybelly #yumyumyum but then I would have to kill myself.

We were there for cross border Back to School shopping and we got that. We were in a Target that was roughly the size of 17 football pitches and they had everything. The Salmon Run Mall was cool too.

I mean cool in that it had a Hollister (because we like to look at tiny clothes in the dark with club music pumping) and an independent skater type store (where we were shamed into buying those socks that don't show over Vans by a man with "1938 Circus Freak level 8" tattoos)....So a good mix.

The Hampton Inn was a nice hotel located among many other nice hotels but with incredibly comfortable beds and a coffee maker in the bathroom. I don't know where else it should go but it is weird that it's in the bathroom.

But that is not their schtick. The thing that they chose to tout to guests, the thing that puts them higher than every other highway sign on a spindle is that they WASH THEIR BEDDING.

This is their thing.

I am glad this is their thing. I worked in a hotel before and I can actually vouch for the fact that most/all hotels and motels do not regularly wash that mottled multicoloured threadbare bedspread and those weird plastic fuzzy blankets you suspect one flame would reduce to a hockey puck. Washing sheets is commonplace but bedspreads not so much. The Hampton Inn has taken the duvet leap and along with it they have made a commitment to blessed hygiene.

However I am a bit weirded out by the fake post-it notes saying they cleaned your sheets and the toddler on the poster in the elevator urging you to sleep naked.

I am sure this was a marketing meeting gone awry. I think the ad agency team sat around a polished mahogany effect boardroom table and couldn't come up with a different age of a child to urge to sleep commando in order to prove the sheets were all lovely and clean without raising eyebrows let alone alarm bells. Obviously you don't want a picture of a naked man or woman because that would make an already uncomfortable elevator ride really weird for their business clientele. But how do you prove that point? A giggling toddler! Yay!

So the thing is most toddlers are not toilet trained and I think sleeping naked without even a Buzz Lightyear Pull-up is at least ill-advised...Also I do not want to be the next person in that bed. Especially if they have been enjoying the Salmon Run Mall food court.

Apart from that arbitrary oddness it was all very good and I especially liked the cleaners and front desk staff.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family