“Hampton consistency.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Watertown
Toronto, Canada
“Hampton consistency.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Booked 2 rooms for ourselves and visitors from the UK night of September 14th. Always stay at Hampton when we can, as we can usually count on its consistency and good value. Watertown was no exception. Staff were friendly and efficient; rooms were large, clean and well equipped; breakfast was included and had a good variety of both cold and hot items. Will be happy to stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bankerboy1947

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

I stayed here with my daughter for a "back to school girls getaway" to do some shopping and it was excellent! Very clean, nice spacious rooms, excellent complimentary breakfast (couldn't believe the variety of items!!) Close to all shopping and restaurants. Fantastic!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

2 Thank Julie M
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

This hotel offers a good place to stay for the price and is centrally located with-in walking distance to shopping and eating. The staff is helpful a friendly. The complimentary free breakfast suffered from a lack of utensils and I found if you go towards the end of the allotted time the food quality suffered.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Livonia, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Earlier in our trip we had a less than stellar experience at an old Mom and Pop motel in Lewiston, NY. Faced with the same uncertainty in Clayton, NY we decided to drive somewhat out of our way to stay here and were not disappointed with the consistent quality of a Hampton Inn. Great place to stay and the included breakfast is always welcome.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GreatLakesMariner
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

I hate to be so obviously shallow but we stayed at the Hampton Inn because of tripadvisor putting them first in Watertown...and the breakfast buffet...we are suckers for breakfast gluttony that doesn't involve "continental" cop outs (a limp croissant and a juice box? no thanks).

The breakfast buffet was just fine. It wasn't blow-yer-socks-off-and-tweet-about-it amazing but it was just fine. It may have even merited a close up of the waffle maker overflowing with an instagram "#oopsie #toofull #getinmybelly #yumyumyum but then I would have to kill myself.

We were there for cross border Back to School shopping and we got that. We were in a Target that was roughly the size of 17 football pitches and they had everything. The Salmon Run Mall was cool too.

I mean cool in that it had a Hollister (because we like to look at tiny clothes in the dark with club music pumping) and an independent skater type store (where we were shamed into buying those socks that don't show over Vans by a man with "1938 Circus Freak level 8" tattoos)....So a good mix.

The Hampton Inn was a nice hotel located among many other nice hotels but with incredibly comfortable beds and a coffee maker in the bathroom. I don't know where else it should go but it is weird that it's in the bathroom.

But that is not their schtick. The thing that they chose to tout to guests, the thing that puts them higher than every other highway sign on a spindle is that they WASH THEIR BEDDING.

This is their thing.

I am glad this is their thing. I worked in a hotel before and I can actually vouch for the fact that most/all hotels and motels do not regularly wash that mottled multicoloured threadbare bedspread and those weird plastic fuzzy blankets you suspect one flame would reduce to a hockey puck. Washing sheets is commonplace but bedspreads not so much. The Hampton Inn has taken the duvet leap and along with it they have made a commitment to blessed hygiene.

However I am a bit weirded out by the fake post-it notes saying they cleaned your sheets and the toddler on the poster in the elevator urging you to sleep naked.

I am sure this was a marketing meeting gone awry. I think the ad agency team sat around a polished mahogany effect boardroom table and couldn't come up with a different age of a child to urge to sleep commando in order to prove the sheets were all lovely and clean without raising eyebrows let alone alarm bells. Obviously you don't want a picture of a naked man or woman because that would make an already uncomfortable elevator ride really weird for their business clientele. But how do you prove that point? A giggling toddler! Yay!

So the thing is most toddlers are not toilet trained and I think sleeping naked without even a Buzz Lightyear Pull-up is at least ill-advised...Also I do not want to be the next person in that bed. Especially if they have been enjoying the Salmon Run Mall food court.

Apart from that arbitrary oddness it was all very good and I especially liked the cleaners and front desk staff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank W00na
Atlanta, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

I was very pleased with the hotel staff at the Hampton Watertown. They were all very helpful and friendly. They made every effort to make me feel at home during my long stay. There was one lady who worked on the 4th floor, had dark hair and looked to be in her 30's who did a fantastic job cleaning the rooms. The hotel is centrally located with a mall, movies, and plenty of restaurants less than 5 minute drive or 10 minute walk. It is also located approximately 17 minutes from Fort Drum. Overall I was very pleased with this hotel and would stay there again. I would rate it 4 3/4 stars out of 5.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

I spent two nights at the Hampton Inn Watertown in room 425 and was very happy with the hotel. I found the hotel to be surprisingly quiet; I never heard other guests from my room! Our room was very clean (though I did think their campaign to brag about how every guest got clean sheets was a little odd - signs in the elevator and even a post it on our headboard!) and it was nice to get shampoo *and* conditioner for a change! There is a few breakfast - fresh fruit, oatmeal, toast, waffle iron, something hot (such as a container of scrambled eggs and a container of sausage patties), and some other standard continental breakfast fare. Staff was all very nice and I'd happily stay here again.

If you enjoy chain restaurants (Denny's, Bob Evans, Texas Roadhouse, Olive Garden), you're in luck - the hotel is surrounded by these and is close to a mall if you are interested in a movie or some shopping.

My absolute only complaint is that the hotel uses one of those "green" air conditioning systems - I'm convinced they don't work. We missed the white noise and didn't feel that it ever got down to the temperature we set it to (settling at a much higher number to be "energy efficient"). I'd definitely stay here again, I just may bring a fan with me if we were driving (or, if it were a longer stay, I would've bought one from Walmart/Target).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple