“Excellent, Clean and Comfortable”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Watertown-Thousand Islands
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Watertown
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our little family getaway for a bit of shopping and swimming with kids. The front desk is very friendly and attentive. The room was a King suite. Nice upgrade for kitchenette and fridge. The room was very clean and had a nice layout. I'm kind of funny, I like a quiet solidly built hotel... Walls and high ceilings are concrete and give you a nice quiet secure stay. I love that the washroom door doesn't squeak. We asked for an east facing room to avoid highway 81 noise. The pool was clean and ample towels. I've been in places where that was an issue. We ate take out from Chipotle's next door. That was a treat because we don't have one near our home. Highly recommend Chipotle if you've never tried it. Overall, this hotel hit it out of the park in my opinion. I will probably switch my loyalty to HIE and drop Hilton branded hotels. My last stay at Hampton Inn in Ottawa was not impressive at all. Oh yeah, breakfast was fresh and ample. Cookies at front desk at 4pm was a hit with kids. Free soup at 5pm was bonus that we missed, but was available. Great value. Cheers to HIE Watertown!

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank honestmarc
Seth B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Watertown-Thousand Islands, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Thank you for the great review and sharing your experience with us! I am glad to hear that you found our hotel to meet your standards of service, cleanliness, and quality. We are constantly working to meet and exceed every guest's expectations in this area. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our entire team! I truly hope we continue to earn your new found loyalty with our brand.

Seth B.

p.s. I completely agree about Chipotles!! Good stuff indeed!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Kids enjoyed the pool. They don't however have a hot tub. Breakfast had good variety of hot and cold options. Room is clean and pretty comfortable. Upgraded and front desk staff ordered a pizza as part of a package deal from Papa Johns.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Nicole,

Thanks for taking the time for completing your review! I'm glad to hear you and the kids enjoyed the pool, breakfast, and our great dinner for a dollar package! Thanks for sharing!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

The rooms were very much like home. I have to say the part I enjoyed the most was the wonderful breakfast they include every morning. There is also complimentary soup every night also. The laundry site is next door and that too is a very nice place; I may try that one next time I stay.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Hotinpink91
Seth B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Watertown-Thousand Islands, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. Our staff tries hard to treat every guest like family. I concur that we have a wonder breakfast staff that keeps the food hot and replenished. Before staying next door remember our breakfast is always included in the price ;). Please don't hesitate to let us know how we could make your next stay even better.

Sincerely

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I've been staying here since 2006, and can honestly say it feels like a home away from home. The staff is excellent, and I'm almost always upgraded to a jacuzzi suite. It's good to stay at a place like this after along day at work.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Seth B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Watertown-Thousand Islands, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Thank you for your thoughts and comments. We are glad you enjoyed the room and found our Staff to be excellent. Thank you for being such a loyal guest throughout the years and please don't hesitate to let us know how we can make your next stay even better!

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Front Desk employees were very nice and helpful. The room was clean. The only negative part of the stay was the cleaning service. We put the "Fresh Linens" sign out but they just made the bed like usual. Also, they were not accommodating in terms of cleaning the room when you were away. For example, they first came to our floor early in the morning so we had the do not disturb sign on the door. We took it off from 10:30 am - 1 pm. They never came. However, we put it back on the door at 1:05 pm and that's right when they came. We asked if they could come back in an hour when we would be away and the lady said she would check with her boss. We were gone for 3.5 hours and they never came.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Justin B
Seth B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Watertown-Thousand Islands, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Justin B,

I was sorry to hear your stay was not 100% positive. We take any issue a guest may have during their stay very seriously and have brought these comments to the attention of the housekeeping staff. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel if you would like to discuss these issues. I would love the opportunity to make it up to you and deliver a positive, clean stay!

I am glad to hear though the service you received by other staff members was helpful and friendly.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

First time staying at Holiday Inn in Watertown, and would stay here again. The hotel and rooms are clean, and the front desk staff was accommodating and pleasant. One of the better hot breakfasts I have seen in this class of hotel, pancakes, biscuits, eggs and sausage and more - plenty of all. Parking was good. I would like to see a recycle bin in the room, but that is the only suggestion I would make.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our Hotel! I'm glad to hear your first ever visit was a positive one! The Great Room attendants do a wonderful job of keeping the food hot and fresh all morning long. Please don't hesitate to let us know how we can make your second stay even better!

Reviewed December 31, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times and expect to stay there many more in the future. The location is close to the major shopping areas, with lots of parking.
The staff are always very friendly and helpful, I often get an upgraded room when they have vacancies. The rooms are fairly large, comfortable and clean. When I have encountered any issues the management and staff have been very quick to take care of the problem.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our Hotel! I'm glad we can provide a clean and friendly getaway during your shopping trips. If you've never taken advantage of our shopping package we offer, please ask our front desk agent next time you are making a reservation! I'm glad to hear you'll be coming back and please don't hesitate to let us know what we can do to make your next stay even better!