We were winding up our NYC trip and stopped in Watertown on the way home. I thought I would treat the wife to a jacuzzi suite and this hotel had a nice one. I booked a double queen jacuzzi suite.
The lobby is relatively small when you first walk in, but then the breakfast area opens up into a fairly large room. The two clerks at the front desk were very nice and getting booked in was a snap. Fresh chocolate chip and peanut butter cookies were available at the front desk, and one of the clerks gave me one. I guess I looked like I had been driving for a while and needed a pick me up! I was informed that hot soup would be served in the meal area starting at 5:00 pm. Although we had dinner plans, that was a really nice touch.
I was pretty tired, but I think I recall a choir of angels singing as I swung the door open to our room. It was spacious, new, well appointed and clean. Immediately to my left as I walked in was a medium sized washroom, filled with amenities and it was immaculate. Further into the room were two very clean and comfortable looking queen beds. I almost didn't bother checking them, but the wife would never allow that. I checked and they were immaculate. There was the usual desk and chair for the work area and the lamp had two conveniently located electrical plugs. Wi-fi was free and worked well for our laptop and two BlackBerry's.
Hanging in the closet were two fresh, white robes. These were handy because at the end of the room and to the right was a doorway that led to the jacuzzi room. There was a day bed with pillows, another flatscreen television and one of the deepest jacuzzi tubs I've ever seen. It wasn't very wide, but it was long and deep. The light above the jacuzzi had a slide switch that allowed it to be dimmed. The room was perfect for enjoying the jacuzzi while our young lads slept.
One quirk you may find is that when you turn the iron on, it doesn't seem to heat up. The wife thought it wasn't working. The light was on, but no heat. After I played with it for a minute or so I discovered it had some type of safety function. It won't heat up until you lay it horizontally. The red light will turn green and you're good to go.
The complimentary breakfast was great! The hot breakfast was cheese omelets, large round sausage and fried potatoes. There was also a few kinds of cold cereal, porridge, fresh fruit, yogurt and various breads. Juices, coffee and tea were also on hand.
I knew that there was a pool, but we never made down to see it. There is lots of free parking on site too.
The hotel is conveniently located near shopping, restaurants and highways. I wouldn't say it was a cheap place to stay, but you certainly get your money's worth. A very nice hotel that I will stay at again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Watertown, New York is where great experiences begin at the gateway to the 1000 Islands. We are in the heart of the Watertown, NY shopping district and located near exit 45 just off of I-81. The area's finest attractions, including Boldt Castle, Sackets Harbor and the St. Lawrence River, many local businesses & Fort Drum are just minutes away. Our plaza includes Ruby Tuesdays, Starbucks, Buffalo Wild Wings, Ponderosa, Chipotle, Five Guys, Moe's, Cold Stone Creamery, Planet Fitness, Dollar General and a liquor store. Stay Smart with free wireless & wired high speed internet access, free local phone calls, High Def TV & a guest business center. Begin your day with our complimentary Express Start Breakfast that includes hot items daily including pancakes and as always our signature cinnamon rolls. If you're on the run, pre-order a breakfast-to-go bag. Our Smart Roast 100% Arabica coffee is available 24 hours in our Great Room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline, IHG and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Watertown-Thousand Islands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Watertown-Thousand Islands
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Watertown-1000 Islands
- Holiday Inn Express Watertown
- Holiday Inn Watertown
- Watertown Holiday Inn