Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Watertown-Thousand Islands
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Watertown
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Had a great stay, staff were all very accommodating, room was clean and comfortable. Will return in the near future. Great proximity to shopping and can walk to several restaurants as well. Only complaint is the new bank machine in the lobby doesn't recognize Canadian bank cards.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank AnneB11

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Booked the room from hotels.com and had no problem at all. Me and my wife drove up to get used to the area and the hotel is located in a great location close to shopping and restaurants. The check in progress lasted 10 minutes and we were the only people waiting. The computer system was really slow and it seemed liked forever. They had to swipe my card three times because their system was so slow and each swipe held $25. I did not hear this because I walked away but my wife said the gentleman checking us in cussed several times. I eventually came back right when he was finishing up and I saw the manager and she looked at me and just kept going. Even though she knew what happened because I saw her walk past a few times and she did not even come up to apologize. The room was clean, good sized, and the bed was a king and felt very good to sleep on. I do recommend that you request a room that is not facing the interstate because I could hear the vehicles especially the 18 wheelers. There is continental breakfast and I always say this no matter where I stay...the food is bad! It is processed and made somewhere else. The only good food in there would be the cereal, yogurt, bread etc. The coffee is not bad for a quick fix until you get your real coffee for those that are coffee lovers. But don't expect to get full off the food. Grab your fruit and cereal to hold you over until you get real food. They do serve cookies around 4 p.m or 5 p.m but I was not there for it. I did not see the pool or gym or anything else.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper request a room that is not facing the interstate because you will hear th...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
CharlotteGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Watertown-Thousand Islands, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Thank you for your thorough and honest assessment of your recent stay. Rest assured your comments are very important to us and enable us to make improvements where needed. We are pleased that you found your room comfortable but terribly disappointed that your check-in experience ws so poor and that you found our buffet breakfast to be not of good quality. Please rest assured that your credit card was not charged $25 each time it was swiped, the staff made sure that it wasn't but the 'cussing' is categorically unacceptable and has been dealt with. As for the breakfast items, brand standards dictate what we can offer but there are things that our staff can do to make sure that they are kept fresh and hot all of which will be stressed at our next meeting. Please accept our apologies for your experience at check-in and we reassure you that action was taken based on your reivew.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Located right off the I81 exit.near many restaurants. Rooms were very clean, breakfast was decent. Easy check in and out. Good value. Refrigerator in room. I will stay at this motel on my next visit to Watertown.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the concise review of your recent stay. We appreciate your comments and are especially pleased that you intend to utilize our hotel when in the area again. Loyalty is our greatest reward!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Came for a night with our kids during the March Break. They upgraded us to a king suite free of charge..My only complaint was the pillows in the room- they were too small or something. I would just bring my own next time. The pool was warm, I could see it being crowded if the hotel was really busy, but it was great for us. Pool water was pretty cloudy- not sure if it was because of salt or something. Breakfast was awesome- and the staff was polite and on the ball.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
CharlotteGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Watertown-Thousand Islands, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for your candid assessement of your recent stay. We appreciate all of your comments; they are helpful in so many ways. We are glad that you found your stay to be for the most part enjoyable. The pillows on our King beds are indeed small and will be upgraded over the next couple of months to king pillows. As for the pool, rest assured that it is kept up to the stringent codes mandated by the NYS Health Dept. All the proper sanitation and pH levels are maintained and tracked three times a day. After heavy usage though, there can be some cloudiness that doesn't present a health rise and that is easily corrected after the pool is closed for the day. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again during your next trip to Watertown NY! Once again, thank you.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stay at the Holiday Inn Express every time we go to Watertown. The rooms are spacious. The beds are very comfortable. They have a huge complimentary breakfast every morning with lots of choices. They also add little things to make your stay unique like leaving cookies and coffee out for the patrons. The staff is friendly and helpful. This is the best hotel in Watertown, in my opinion, and we have stayed at a few.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your wonderful review; it is so gratifying to know that the efforts of the entire staff create such a great experience. We certainly hope you will choose to return!

Reviewed March 2, 2013

After a one night stay turned into two I should say this was a fantastic trip. Rather I am sitting wondering why I can not have my money returned to my bank account. We enjoyed our time and decided we would stay for the next night. I went down to the lobby and asked if we may stay another night. Great service, very accomodating. Perfect. When I asked the gentleman who was helping me if I may use another credit card to pay for both nights he agreed ---even after I asked if this was going to be a problem (I knew it would be). After four calls from Canada down to the hotel it ceases to be in my account, first call they indicated it was a 'hold' for the room that would drop off after a few days... days later it was 'a form they had faxed over and it would be in my account today or tomorrow'....after that 'just wait'....then now 'I have to call my own bank and figure it out'. I wouldn't suggest a stay here if you like your money.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mel a
CharlotteGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Watertown-Thousand Islands, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

I am so sorry that a great stay turned into a disappointing one all because of a request to change the credit card to be charged. If you could please give me a call at 315-779-1234 or e-mail me at gm@hiexpresswatertown.com, I would like to discuss what happened in more detail.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

while the entire hotel was great, the staff here brought this hotel to an excellent rating. From check in to the cleaning staff, everyone was so nice and helpful. Not only was it easy to find, close to everything and spotlessly clean with a great food assortment for the free breakfast, but they offered suggestions on local activities, events and places to explore in the lobby. There were 3 different flyer choices to look at ranging from kid activities, nightlife to museums.

Our beds were so comfortable and the heating system kept it just right. The only drawback was the noise, but I wouldnt miss the stay for a little noise. Besides, if you're not staying in the winter, no plows will wake you.

Look forward to staying again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Your comments are so appreciated by all of us from management to housekeeping. We are a team at this hotel and we truly try very hard to make your stay an outstanding one. We look forward to welcoming you back.