Stayed at this property on the second night of our Adirondak motorcycle tour. The property is located in a newer commercial area with several other hotels, and many "chain" restaurants within an easy walk including a Ponderosa, Wild Wings, Ruby Tuesdays, etc. Very convienient if your dining expectaions aren't too high and you don't feel like driving.
When we checked in, and the call for rain overnight, they were kind enough to let us leave our motorcycles under the awning by the front door, meaning we could remain dry when we packed the bikes in the morning.
The hotel itself is what I would decribe as a "cookie cutter" newer Holiday Inn Express; clean and efficient, but nothing that sets it apart from other similar hotels (Hampton or Fairfield Inns for example). The room was fine, clean and reletively spacious; everything worked well, the beds were comfortable, etc.
The only complaints I have is how loud the AC unit was; also, our room was at the back of the hotel facing the Interstate, and there was some highway noise, but nothing too bad.
There is really nothing to put this hotel ahead of so many others, but at least you know what to expect, and there is nothing wrong with that!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Watertown, New York is where great experiences begin at the gateway to the 1000 Islands. We are in the heart of the Watertown, NY shopping district and located near exit 45 just off of I-81. The area's finest attractions, including Boldt Castle, Sackets Harbor and the St. Lawrence River, many local businesses & Fort Drum are just minutes away. Our plaza includes Ruby Tuesdays, Starbucks, Buffalo Wild Wings, Ponderosa, Chipotle, Five Guys, Moe's, Cold Stone Creamery, Planet Fitness, Dollar General and a liquor store. Stay Smart with free wireless & wired high speed internet access, free local phone calls, High Def TV & a guest business center. Begin your day with our complimentary Express Start Breakfast that includes hot items daily including pancakes and as always our signature cinnamon rolls. If you're on the run, pre-order a breakfast-to-go bag. Our Smart Roast 100% Arabica coffee is available 24 hours in our Great Room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Watertown-Thousand Islands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Watertown-1000 Islands
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Watertown-Thousand Islands
- Holiday Inn Express Watertown
- Holiday Inn Watertown
- Watertown Holiday Inn