“Great beer place with good food!”
Review of Skewed Brewing

Skewed Brewing
Ranked #19 of 149 Restaurants in Watertown
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Good for: Bar scene
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We have been 3x and it's been very good. There is a great beer selection and love the fried pickles. My wife loves the duck wings, but I'm not a fan(don't like duck). Had a couple variations of the pizza and there were also good. They try to pull off a prohibition themed bar. I'm not into that but it's a very cool place. Definitely a good new option in Watertown. If you like Coleman's, Fairgrounds, Applebee's, TGIF, Maggie's, give it a shot!

There are newer reviews for Skewed Brewing

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

This place has great food ...had some of the duck wings..really good..I will most definitely be going back again . The service was great also.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

We've been to this spot, which is located inside the Salmon Run Mall, twice. The first time, we had an entree salad and burger; the second time pasta and ribs. We were very disappointed in all four entrees. The ribs lacked flavour; the fries seem to be of the frozen type; the mac and cheese was all mac and no cheese.

In addition, we didn't find the atmosphere very warm and inviting. The first time we were seated at a table inside with uncomfortable chairs with completely straight backs. The second time we were seated out in the mall where we had to listen to the movie theatre attendant yammering at her customers all through dinner.

My hubby insisted we return a second time so he could try some more of the highly rated beers, but we won't be back. The food is so much worse than what's on offer at the many chain resaurants located just at the edge of the mall.

1  Thank LUV2travel-notmuch$
SacketsHopsSpot, Owner at Skewed Brewing, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear "love to travel 0$"

We found your review quite puzzling. Primarily, because we serve neither burgers nor pasta.
Perhaps you were dining at another location...?

As a brand new restaurant, it does sometimes take a few weeks to get your staff trained properly to execute the quality of food we would like our customers to enjoy. Perhaps if you return, and try us again, you will find that the menu items we do have are more tasty than you remember.

Unfortunately, our chairs (which we find quite comfortable) will still be the same.

Happy Travels!

Skewed Brewing

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Upon first walking up to the restaurant I was surprised at the look of the place, I was expecting something a little more warm, but that didn't matter once we tasted the food. My wife ordered the Chicken Strips as an appetizer and that was some of the best I've had ever. Then I looked at the Drink menu, and for someone who likes to test out different beers I was in heaven, there are only about 15-25 different choices on there but they all sound amazing, it took me about 5 min to actually pick one I wanted to try. I got the Southern Tier "Pumking" beer and it was perfect. Then our dinner came out, I ordered their special steak that changes daily, it was at that time $25 but trust me, it's worth it!!! My wife ordered thier NY Strip Steak and she loved hers. The only downside I would put to the place is I ordered my steak MR but it came out rare, for me not that big of a deal, but regardless the steak tasted amazing, probably the best I've ever had. Overall I give the place an "A". I definitely reccomend going with family, friends, or just by yourself.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

On arrival inside the mall I thought it was just going to be a brew house with the usual pub food. I hesitated but our host urged us on and I was so glad he did. Of course they have pizza and chicken wings but what pub has duck wings and lamb carpaccio as an appetizer? Regarding the main entree, I had the full rack of ribs with sauce on the side for $22. Very tasty and satisfying. My wife and three others steak au poi re for $19. It was a NY strip steak with a cognac cream sauce, sautéed veg and whipped potatoes that were real whipped spuds. Even though it was a strip steak, which means it was a little thinner than a standard NY cut, they cooked it to medium rare as ordered. The forth member in our patty had the Truffled duck for $27' which was the most expensive entree but well worth it. The only complaint was they could have been more generous with the duck. We had beer, wine and a Jack and coke. Not what you'd expect in a mall. This facility is new and the they still have a paper menu as they are trying to "fine tune" their menu. I strongly recommend you give this one a try. You don't find too many restaurants like this with its variety, quality and obvious cooking by an experienced chef.