“A blast!”

Adirondack River Outfitters
Ranked #1 of 2 Tours in Watertown
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Whitewater raft trips ranging from family fun to high adventure. ARO has been providing whitewater adventures for 34 years. We have trips on the Black River in Watertown and the Hudson River in the Adirondacks.
Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

Had a blast going down the beautiful picturesque Black River! Erica was an awesome guide. She trusted the paddlers in the boat and treated us with respect. She took us into the big waves and was excellent at her job of guiding us. Chris added humour to a normally boring safety intro. Thanks guys! Would highly recommend!

All reviews
"larry"
"paddle"
"lemonade"

Reviewed July 29, 2018

Enjoyed a phenomenal rafting experience on the black River. Even with higher than normal water levels, felt extremely safe and it was a very fun filled activity! Loved swimming some of the smaller rapids and the cliff jumping was refreshing! Guide was always conscientious of our safety and can't wait to do it again!

Reviewed July 23, 2018

I was so happy I did this. First I'm in my early 50's and never did rafting before. I was really excited to do this. The price was reasonable, they provided a helmet, life jacket and paddle. It was on the Black River. Every raft has an experience tour guide. Our was Andrew and he made it the best experience ever. He knew myself and another woman had a few fears and his positive attitude and that if I did fall out it would be fine was very reassuring. They did a good job of explaining what is going on as far as the experience. They checked everyone's life jacket to make sure it fit properly. When you were assigned to your raft, Andrew was great explain what needs to be done and if this happens you need to do this. Half way through they offered a snack which was a tortilla with peanut butter and a crunchy something inside all rolled up with a small glass of water or lemonade. I have a diet restriction so they allowed me to bring my own snack and they put it the medical bag. We had a great time with the people on our raft. You were able to get out and swim in 2 locations and also jump off a cliff in the water. When returning they provided a lunch with grilled chicken with a few salads and bev. They had a CD for sale of all the rafts during the trip as a photographer follow us throughout the trip. They also had shirt/sweatshirts for sale as well. Would go with this company again.

Reviewed July 8, 2018

A group of 7 of us came up from NYC to try out ARO rafting and we had a blast!! Well worth the journey. Our guide Chris (everyone there called him "City Boy") was extremely knowledgeable, friendly, professional, and fun! We were all laughing the whole time and had a blast spending the day on the river and. We can't wait to come back!! We also loved how ARO thought of everything for us- water shoes, helmets, and paddles were all included in the price, they even pack lunch and gatorade for everyone which comes in handy.