“Birthday Rafting”

Adirondack River Outfitters
Ranked #1 of 2 Tours in Watertown
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Whitewater raft trips ranging from family fun to high adventure. ARO has been providing whitewater adventures for 34 years. We have trips on the Black River in Watertown and the Hudson River in the Adirondacks.
Reviewed August 24, 2017 via mobile

We had a great day of rafting with my kids and their friends. The river is beautiful and our guide filled the hours with laughter and a history of Watertown. Make sure to request Larry! We'll be back....

Date of experience: August 2017
"larry"
"paddle"
"lemonade"

Reviewed August 6, 2017

I have ran with another company on the Black River twice before and ARO was a better one than other company. The raft had less people and I felt as if we got to swim more.You start out by checking in and getting fitted. They let us use the wetsuits do to the cold. It wasn't really cold though. You run the rapids and they let you swim in a few different places. You also can leap off a small cliff if you want. Half way through we got wraps that wear peanut butter, corn flakes, and honey. I was surprised how good it was. Along with a Dixie cup of water or lemonade. At the end you get pulled back to shore by a boat and we got a beer or bottle of water. Then we climbed on the bus and they drove us back. We were all mostly dry when we got back, so you don't really need a towel. At the end was a chicken cookout with salad & various dressings, along with 2 home made pasta salads that are taste and not oily. Along with beer and water. It was a great trip. If I had a complaint it would be I wish they had more than just beer and water at the end. Maybe a soda or the lemonade. Great experience and I am bring the cards I got from them to work.

Date of experience: August 2017
2  Thank Kirk E
Reviewed July 25, 2017

I was very nervous to go white water rafting, but I am so excited I did. Our tour guide, Larry, was excellent. He was very knowledgeable about rafting and the history of Watertown. He made our experience incredibly enjoyable, and he kept us safe on our journey. We were expecting some more intense rapids, but were pleased with our overall experience. I strongly recommend giving it a try. Our journey was about three hours, we encountered multiple rapids, went cliff jumping, swam in the rapids and were given free Blue Light as we were towed towards the ending spot. From there we were given a bus ride back to the meeting spot. The cookout was delicious, and it was a nice way to end the trip. Just a fair warning, it is not included in the price, but plan on a tip for your tour guide, especially if they make it as much fun as Larry did for us.

1  Thank leolszewski
Reviewed July 9, 2017 via mobile

We had such a good time rafting the black river with Andrew as our guide. It was one of our first times rafting with good 3-4 class rapids. It was an excellently guided trip, both safe and fun with a lot of options to do what you're comfortable with. I couldn't have been happier with ARO, even the dinner served was yummy.

Park across the street, change in the municipal bathrooms before and after the adventure, that way you get quick change for quick access to food and beer!

I would definitely recommend using ARO for rafting.

1  Thank juliabZ5600BJ