“Don’t judge this book by its cover!”
Review of Sushi Express

Sushi Express
Ranked #71 of 154 Restaurants in Watertown
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed October 7, 2017 via mobile

Small, family owned sushi place that doesn’t look like much from the outside. But we found it to be very friendly, very good food and all at a great price!

Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

Recommended by a local. Very pleased with options above and beyond just sushi. Miso soup very good. Fried rice comes with soup. Family owned and operated.

Reviewed May 10, 2017

The service was terrible, even for take out. The Cashier could barely stop looking at her phone long enough to take our order. The place was relatively clean out front, if a bit run down with torn vinyl on many of the chairs. (Don't take a date you want to impress here) The sushi chef appeared competent and clean. The sushi itself was flavorful and prepared as I requested. The sides....oh my. Flavorless garbage. We took one bite of the Beef Udon noodles and those quickly found their way to the trash. The cucumber salad was an odd combination of bland and then an after taste of something very spicy but still flavorless. This miso soup was terrible, I've had better from a package, it also made it's way to the trash. The egg rolls were also bland and very greasy....clearly not drained on paper before bagging. So the short version here, grab the sushi for take out, that's pretty good, skip everything else unless you have your own spices handy.

Reviewed September 11, 2016 via mobile

Was in the area looking for a place to get some sushi so and I found Sushi Express on trip advisor. It wouldn't be hard to pass by this place. It's little but the inside provides decent eating. I sat down, checked out the menu and chose clear soup, Philadelphia roll and the rainbow roll. I wasn't too impressed with the soup but you can't complain for two dollars. The rainbow roll was great, just a little heavy on the avocado. The philly roll had avocado in it too which was something different. Never had that in it before. Service was good and the price wasn't bad.

Reviewed August 27, 2015 via mobile

I was in Watertown on business and needed something healthy to eat. Not knowing where to go, my hotel showed me a menu and the options looked great. I like unique rolls that I don't see at other sushi restaurants. Why always order the California roll? The rolls we ordered were delicious, well made, with the perfect amount of every ingredient. Well done.