“Surprising great food”

Daily Buffet
Ranked #119 of 154 Restaurants in Watertown
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed August 24, 2016 via mobile

You would not expect to find a high quality buffet hidden away in a strip mall in Watertown NY. But the Daily Buffet (terrible name) is excellent.

Very fresh food, actually hot in the buffet section. Wide selection of salads, deserts, appetizers. They also have a Sushi Bar, and create your own Hibachi grill (sometimes know as Mongolian Grill).
Also a good selection of traditional Chinese dishes, including soups, vegetables, chicken skewers Etc.

Very good quality, pleasant service and is actually underpriced for what they provide.

Reviewed July 9, 2016

This is a below average chinese buffet to say the least. Not a whole lot of variety and taste is bland. The options are the same even on weekends. The buffet includes a mongolian grill if you want to go that way.
I keep going because it's the only chinese buffet in town. I miss better chinese experiences I had in other places.

Reviewed June 23, 2016 via mobile

It's another buffet. Cheap food and all of it cooked in the same pot. It all tastes the same. I'm not sure why you even need to label the dishes. Seafood tastes like vegetables tastes like land food tastes like seafood.

Reviewed June 16, 2016

We stopped in for dinner. It was 6pm. Many of the buffet items looked warmed over. Some were empty. The crab legs for example. When I asked if more were coming I was told yes. But then 4 or 5 showed up that were squishy. They brought out a new dish of food, placed it in the buffet slot and then dumped and scraped the leftovers from the previous dish on top. The result looked like barf. The service was very good it was just the food that was unappetizing. I won't go back. I was here last year and had a better experience. There are two other restaurants in the plaza. I will try one of them next time. The other thing I did not like was the price was not posted.

Reviewed December 15, 2015

The food is fair for a buffet. A big issue I have with place is the sushi is not good, and there is a WOK where you can select your own vegetables and meats to be cooked, and it is never manned. I have taken food rang the buzzer, asked at the counter to have the food cooked and they have not complied. They are very slow to refill items on the buffet line when they are empty. Another issue is you pay first before you are served, and because of caffeine allergy's my wife and I order water, they always try to charge us for soda.

Been to Daily Buffet? Share your experiences!