“Service”

Cuisines: Seafood
Trent River, On , Canada
“Service”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We were on our way home from a holiday & stopped at the Red Lobster in Watertown, N.Y. for lunch. I have celiac & asked the waiter if they had a special menu. It didn't take him long before he arrived with it.I picked out my meal & then came my salad, it had croutons on it. I told the young lady that I had ordered it with out croutons. It was fixed, then our waiter arrived very sorry that it came that way. He told me he was not familiar with what celiacs could or could not have. He was very sincere when he told me that he was going to make sure that he read up on it so that he would be able to help others when they came in to eat. I was very surprised that Red Lobster had not given the staff a course on the different allergies people have so they would NOT make mistakes & cause possibly some very serious problems, even death. So I trust the young man will indeed take sometime to study this problem. He sounded very sincere.

• Visited November 2012

Ottawa, Canada
“Unfriendly service made us feel unwelcome”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I like the seafood at Red Lobster and it's dependably consistent. The biscuits are also a favourite. But I won't be back for a while...

On this occasion, the unfriendliness of the server was notable and rather took away from the experience of eating here. We arrived at rush hour and waited for a table. The waitress was fine at first when we ordered cocktails and food. But as each table around us left, the service became less friendly. Apparently she had other things on her mind this Saturday night and didn't want to be there. Other servers delivered our food.

Although it was before 10 p.m., while we ate, staff around us were busy sweeping the carpet and cleaning up generally and it made us feel unwelcome overall. They should do this only after the section has emptied.

We enjoyed the cocktails and biscuits. The portions of salad here are huge perhaps to compensate for their inflated price. I would suggest sharing a salad with others but they are very plain and not good value. Also, know that they don't come mixed together, a minor complaint, I realize, but they start to add up.

We asked to have my salad boxed and I was handed a styrofoam container. I find the practice of handing over a take-away box for the customer to have to package up his own food impractical and unhelpful for a supposed full-service restaurant. It should be part of the waiter's job to prepare the take-out box, especially at a restaurant offering relatively expensive and large portions that should expect leftovers. They should provide that as part of good service.

When the bill was delivered, our server suddenly started trying to be friendly again. It was a last-minute saccharine and see-through attempt for a good tip, which was undeserved. The relatively high prices, the indifferent staff and cleaning going on around as we ate turned me off going to a Red Lobster for a while.

• Visited November 2012
“Amazing”
Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

We came just about at closing time and they let us in, and treated us like kings and queens, best service ever and the food was amazing.

Toronto
“Five Star Service”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Best service in town, including the manager on duty at 3pm in the afternoon. We were treated like royalty even before it was discovered we had to wait a while for our cheesy/garlic buns. The food was excellent (best coconut shrimp ever) and the desserts (which were free as an apology for our wait time) out of this world.

Visited October 2012
Canandaigua, New York
“Great Seafood!”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We have always had a great meal at Red Lobster. Our one complaint is that it is always crowded and we don't like to wait! The food is of excellent quality and they handle large crowds well...we had almost 20 people and they did an excellent job! Recommend!

Visited August 2012