New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Watertown
Ontario
“Weekend away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

Booked a weekend getaway here and took the Bed and Breakfast Plan. Ate dinner our first night in the restaurant and had Fish Friday dinner. The restaurant attracted people from outside the hotel so it must be a popular evening locally. Breakfast was either serve yourself or have an omelet made. Lots of choice for fruit, yogurt, pastries, etc. The room was equipped with a coffee maker, microwave and fridge. The staff everywhere was very friendly. We we impressed with how pleasant everyone was. The room was very clean and we only barely heard people in the hallway. Have stayed next door at the Holiday Inn and at the Hampton Inn but enjoyed the Hilton the most. We used the pool and hot tub and noted it was busy most of the time we were there. Great getaway spot or a shopping weekend getaway accommodation.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Browns Mills, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

The hotel is nice. Pool, Hot tub and Fitness room were all nice. The staff were always very friendly, but there was no free breakfast. I did have dinner there one night and the food was very good but a little on the more exspensive side. From the hotel I could walk to 4 other hotels. I will be going to one of them next time.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank Frank L
syracuse ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

I had to stay overnite in Watertown for business. I did not have reservations, but that was no problem. The front desk staff were extremely polite and helpful. The Hotel looks fairly new, and the room was in great condition, nice decor, beds that you can adjust to the firmness level you want individually. The room I got was very quiet, I could not hear any noise from I -81, but I was on the side that overlooked the parking lot. The only complaint I have is that I expected a complimentary buffet style breakfast that you usually get at lower priced hotels (ie Hampton Inns, Quality Inns, etc). I didn't see any advertisements for it, but when I got to the lobby/restaurant, the set up looked like a complimentary breakfast. I did not see any sign that explained the breakfast policy, ie. its NOT complimentary. I helped myself to yogurt and fresh fruit. Sat down. A waitress came and poured me coffee. She never said, "are you aware of our breakfast options?" I finish eating and THEN she says "Do you have a green ticket"? umm, no I do not. Oh, then it will be $$ for your yogurt and fruit. I was totally embarassed, because I thought it was complimentary, I mean why wouldn't it be? I paid $135 for the single room, lower priced hotel chains offer complimentary breakfast buffets. It was not a big deal, the price for what I had eaten was only about $8, but it was the principal of the thing...Either offer complimentary breakfast or put an obvious sign by the buffet that states the prices for options for breakfast. Other than that, the hotel is conveniently located to I-81, near great stores (TJ Maxx, Ulta, the Mall) for shopping to help pass the time at nite, and near tons of food options for a solo traveler. Would stay there again

Room Tip: stay on parking lot side to avoid any possible noise from nearby interstate 81
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

No complaints at all. Quick processing, friendly staff, clean accommodations, comfy beds and staff were able to honour our personal request. We did not eat in the dining area on this visit but we did so on our last visit. There was alot of variety and you can have "made to order" omelets! Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Warnerville NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

I have seen the future – and it looks like Watertown.

My first trek to northern New York in a couple of years brought me to the Hilton Garden Inn Watertown/Thousand Islands. It’s a very new Hilton property – only a year old – and is the vision of the future in HGI construction. The differences that have been engineered in this redesign are striking.

The lobby is smaller, and the extra room has been devoted to the American Grill. It actually works well, as you don’t feel like you have to trek a mile from the door to the front desk. The fitness area is right off the lobby with (finally!) enough equipment for more than one person. The color schemes, decor designs and hallways are more open, bright and inviting, and definitely don't look "hotel-ish." The rooms are marvelous. I was upgraded to a whirlpool king and was very pleased. While the furniture is up to the usual Hilton standard and the beds are Hilton comfortable, it's the newly designed whirlpools that make the difference -- they are far better in conception and usability than the old models. The whirlpool itself is smaller in the redesign than in older HGIs, but that actually works well for single travelers – the tubs fill faster and you don’t feel like you’re in a swimming pool that lost its way. The terraced steps and tiled surrounding of the whirlpool allow for safer entrance and exit, and there is actually a place to rest a book or a cup of tea while you soak. And the bathrooms hold a very nice shower-only set up rather than the usual tub/shower.

Breakfast was also outstanding. Kudos to Joe and his staff for a very pleasant start to the morning. I got down there a little early, nursing a cup of well made coffee, and unobtrusively watched the staff do the final prep for the morning guests. It ran like clockwork, with good humor and efficiency. The offerings were upgraded from the standard Hilton fare (the Santa Fe eggs looked great) but I gave the chef, Chris, my “Omelet test.” Sure enough, the omelet came precisely as ordered, with some strawberry décor on the platter. The fruit in the cold bar is also of exceptional quality (orange sections and blackberries – yum), and all food was kept appropriately hot/cold.

The entire hotel is spotlessly clean; the staff takes pride in their workplace. And speaking of staff – they are as top-notch as the physical plant. Friendly, knowledgeable about the area, with no request too small or odd for their attention – they are right there for every guest, with a smile and “effortless effort.” You feel as if they are truly glad you chose their hotel for your travels.

I will be delighted when business brings me back to Watertown!

Room Tip: Choose the Plaza side rather than the I-81 side for quiet.
Gatineau, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

nice hotel, bar staff are awesome!!!

went there with my boyfriend for 2 nights, besides having to choose between either a king size bed or a shower I really enjoyed my stay. The bed kind of sunk in the middle but it's not big deal.

the location is ideal if you are aroud to shop. The mall is walking distance, so are a bunch of stores. Tons of restaurants near by ( not just chains, you have locally owned ones too ) and we found a couple places to grab drinks too! All in all we would go back :)

Franklin, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

This new construction is wonderfully equipped with all details taken care for you. The king room and bathroom facility was extremely clean and amenities were great. The bed is programmable for your comfort level. Fitness, pool and jacuzzi were all top notch, temps just right. The small bar area was pleasant. The breakfast was delicious (an extra cost of 10.95 per person) and so well presented. The choices of cold & hot entrees,plus cooked to order eggs/pancakes was a pampered extra I appreciated. The chef prepared a super veggie omelet. All staff were extremely courteous and accommodating. Location allows for walking to other nearby dining options (frig availability does allow you to bring extra goodies with you if you choose not to partake of the breakfast cost) and shopping facilities. It's a bit more expensive than others, but the off season rate is somewhat enticing to try and glad we did. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: King rooms are pleasant and spacious