“Pricey, but you gotta understand why”

1025 Ruyi Japanese Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
1025 Ruyi Japanese Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 150 Restaurants in Watertown
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Come visit us for a memorable evening where you will embark on a splendid dining experience. 1025 RUYI JAPANESE STEAK HOUSE is the best place to celebrate your birthday and a special occasion. At 1025 RUYI, we feature the best oriental cooking entertainment in town, featuring Hibachi style of cooking. Your dinner is prepared at your table by our expert chefs, all set to serve you with the finest in steak, chicken and seafood. Along with a twist, ranging from flaming and dancing shrimp to bouncing an egg and cracking it in mid air, snow ball, the making of fire and to a smoking volcano, now that's what we call a party on the grill. So why not stop by and join us for dinner! While you are here, don't forget to have some sushi and sashimi from our exclusive sushi bars. By the way you cannot eat sushi without our variety of sake. They are just so perfect the way they go together. Don't want to limit your wait? Please call for reservations.
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Really great Japanese food. Love sushi and sake so this place has it all... I personally don't care much for the hibachi grill so I find myself going to the Ruyi in the Watertown Square more often... It's pricey, I usually spend about $40 dollars on myself alone including drinks. This is an every couple of months meal for me. Great place though, excellent fun staff.

1  Thank xoM_jay

Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

My husband and my children all went to dinner for my birthday the food was good and the chef has a wonderful table presence he even squirted pink lemonade from a bottle into my children's mouths and got them to catch vegetables that he threw through the air. Although the food was good and presentation was wonderful I didn't like that they add 18% gratuity for parties of 4 or more. My youngest is a toddler and she doesn't really eat a lot so she just picked off my plate. For 2 adults and 2 children our bill was $117 and we didn't have any alcohol. I've eaten at other restaurants like this in other cities and i was disappointed in the fact that they only include rice or noodles most other places that I've been to offer both and this one charges $5 extra if you want both. I may go back in the future but probably only for a date night with my hubby.

1  Thank stoneking87
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I am not a BIG fan of Japanese cuisine, but this restaurant has very good food. We go with my daughter, who is vegan, as she can find plenty of good choices to fit into her meal plan. Nice atmosphere and good service.

1  Thank NorthernNYTraveler
Reviewed October 12, 2012

The atmosphere and staff are friendly. The mai-tai was a good drink. I had the calamari & sword fish on the hibachi grill. It was covered in terraki sauce and salty. The sword fish was a little fishy. I had the tempera roll and the shrimp also was fishy.This may not be the best chooice of restaurants for Watertown.

1  Thank MAUREENH47
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Had a great time here. Visit it at least once when we visit. Conveiently located near most hotels. Lots of fun and most importantly.....SAKE.

1  Thank Linda J