“Average Pub Experience”

Coleman's Corner
Ranked #7 of 149 Restaurants in Watertown
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed July 14, 2012

The staff were friendly and the patio looked inviting, but the lunch fare was just average.

Reviewed February 4, 2012

We really enjoy this place event before the remodel. Love coming here for a bite and drink. Only thing I wish they would have is a traditional dart board. So come and enjoy and leave a place for a stranger.

Reviewed November 19, 2011

Food was good, nothing to write home about but to darn loud. Hard to here your own conversation.

Reviewed November 16, 2011

I cannot eat potatoes. We still go to Coleman's frequently, since this restaurant has a very nice open pub-like atmosphere and very good food. I usually have a harvest salad, which is huge and has a delicious mix of fruit, nuts and cheese as toppings; the salad tastes wonderful with their vinaigrette. Once I had a daily special of haddock with mac and cheese that was outstanding. My partner often gets bangers and mash here that he loves.

Martinis are good as well. During peak hours the bar area is often full. Sometimes the place can get quite loud; we came in and left right away when Reba McEntire had a concert across the street and some ladies were singing so loudly that you couldn't hear yourself think! if you sit outside, be forewarned that people may smoke near you. I think Coleman's is closed on Sundays (we've tried to go when it was not open a couple of times).

1  Thank anmd
Reviewed August 23, 2011

I believe I've eaten here 5 or 6 times over the last 6 months and have enjoyed it every time. When I'm very hungry, the traditional fare (bangers and mash, shepherds pie) is great and the portions are generous. On other visits, I've had salads which are excellent. They also make a very good clam chowder. I've always been satisfied with the service. The interior is clean and fresh and nicely decorated in a traditional Irish pub style. It does get busy at times and when it is busy, it can be rather loud, particularly if there is live music. But it is a great place for both dining or socializing so you can visit at either peak hours or off-peak hours, depending on your preference. I love the way it is tucked away off the main drag behind a couple of other restaurants. That adds to it's character. This is most definitely one of my favorites in the North Country.

2  Thank Stone711