“Good burgers, great beer selection (for Watertown), and the best fries.”
Review of Maggie's

Maggie's
Ranked #16 of 150 Restaurants in Watertown
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We went for an early Friday night dinner with another couple.

The location is really nice, being right on the Black River. It's unfortunate that there aren't more windows or outdoor seating.

All of the food was very good. My wife and I both had burgers, and we were very happy with them. But, the best part of the meal was the fries...they were some of the best fries anywhere. It's unfortunate that they call them 'cheese fries'. 'Cheese fries' have real melted cheese on them...at Maggies you get their excellent fries with a disappointing cup of orange nacho cheez-food product.

They have a very good selection of beers for a restaurant in Watertown...probably 30 drafts. Unfortunately, it seemed that the cooler was having issues since the beer wasn't really as cold as it should have been.

For seating, I'd recommend avoiding the main room on the first floor. There's a skee-ball game and a couple of basketball games in there. Once someone started playing those, conversation became difficult.

Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

I love this place! The food is amazing! They have some pretty interesting burgers on the menu. I think my favorite burger is the Reuben Burger! Delicious! And they serve a side of cheese with the fries. My kids love the place too and it's right on the black river.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

The place is great. It can get a bit noisy after 8pm but the food makes up for it. The nachos are hands down the best I have ever had very messy...and they have so many fresh burger choices I love the all...and they have the challenge I don't even dare try but you know a place is good when they have a food challenge...I tell you the travel channels food shows need to come to this one

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We ate upstairs, the downstairs was crowded and loud, so if you like a it a little more quiet upstairs is better. I ordered fish broiled and it was very good. My husband ordered the pulled pork that was good too. My son ordered the Philly steak sandwich and like the way the cheese was used. Nice dinner, good service. Great view of the Black River. You can watch the white water kayaking during the season.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

The food was great. There are 3 floors which is very nice; the first is the bar area, the second is more for just dinning, and the third is for parties, events, etc. We had the whole second floor to ourselves which was nice. The service was ok but our waiter was not very attentive. I definitely would give it a chance and go again.

Been to Maggie's? Share your experiences!