“maybe I just made a poor menu choice?”
Review of Longway's Diner

Longway's Diner
Ranked #44 of 154 Restaurants in Watertown
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Stopped here for breakfast after staying the night in Calcium, and then heading over in to Canada, this diner was en-route just maybe 5 minutes if that from our hotel. It seemed to be a real 'locals' diner, not that I have any problems with that as they're usually cheap and tasty food. Unfortunately the cheap food was the only one it scored on, maybe I just made the wrong choice?

I chose the cinnamon raisin french toast - 2 slices, you could choose 1, 2 or 3 slices. The bread was thin and tasteless, it looked and tasted like it had come from a cheap sliced loaf of cinnamon raisin bread. also it didn't seem to have much, if any, eggy coating. It also came with a huge mound of butter on the plate - eeeugh - I hate butter on french toast, I know it's popular but I'd rather they put the butter on the side so that you can add it only if you want it. Coffee to drink with skim milk with was fine, and refills were quick. It was cheap though so I can't complain too much.

My dining companions looked like they made better choices than me.
One went for regular french toast (with bacon) - which looked much nicer than my cinnamon raisin french toast, thick slices of bread which looked nice and eggy, again the huge mound of butter though......
The other went for pancakes - which looked lovely and fluffy and light, huge though, he ordered 3 pancakes and struggled to finish them, he said 2 would have been fine, 1 probably would have been enough for me! And once again that massive mound of butter!!

I'd give Longways Diner another go if we were ever in the area, I just think that I maybe didn't make the best choice, I'd probably choose the regular french toast if I happened to visit again.

Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

Closer than you'd think to I81 longways offers up your standard diner fare at pretty standard prices. Great for a weekend morning breakfast or a place to stop by after crappy fast food during a long road trip.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I chose the steak and eggs, with english muffin, hash browns and coffee, mmmm, the best way to start off the day. The food was excellent, service was quick and attentive and I was even able to use their WIFI with a secure password. The whole meal with tip was $12.

I'd go there for breakfast just about every day if I could, but will definitely be back the next time I'm in that neck of the woods.

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Dinner style very clean fast friendly service. Can't wait to go back. Cheap prices breakfast food anytime day or night.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

The food is good and the prices even better. I have been there a few times and I have always had good service and good food. I will definitely go back soon.