“Very good Friday Fish Fry”
Review of Art's Jug

Art's Jug
Ranked #23 of 149 Restaurants in Watertown
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Family owned and operated 4th generation Italian and pizza restaurant. Dine in, pick up and delivery available.
Texas
“Very good Friday Fish Fry”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Having a summer cottage in the north country, I have been on the hunt for a really good fish fry. The best in Syracuse is for sure The Clam Bar, but I keep thinking there is a hidden gem in the north country that I am destined to find. Having tried a total of 6, this is the best of the six. The other five I would not return to, but Art's Jug, I would. The haddock is freshly breaded in house and was light. The fish was served piping hot. I liked the fact that you got a salad and choice of a side dish, rather than limiting the sides to only fries and cole slaw. The salad dressing, a house Italian, was very good. For a side, we both chose pasta, the sauce on which was wonderful. Besides pasta, we could have chosen fries, garlic mashed potatoes, roasted red potatoes or carrots. I appreciated the selections offered. Art's also serves pizza, which smelled wonderful, and we noted the pizza takeout was doing a good business. I would like to try it next time. The dinner menu had many choices of Italian dishes, poultry, beef and fish. This long established restaurant deserves a visit.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank MuffetB

Havertown, Pennsylvania
“Nice, Family Place”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My wife and I were staying overnight in Watertown, NY, on our way home from a trip to Canada, and were looking for a place to have dinner. We found a listing for Art's Jug in our hotel, and decided to try it. You probably wouldn't look twice at this place if you were driving by, but, inside, it's a very family/friends/locals kind of place, where people chat from table to table and everyone seems to know everyone else. Even if it's your first time here, you certainly feel welcome. We had scallops as an appetizer, and a bacon pizza for dinner, and enjoyed both, enhanced by the warm, friendly atmosphere.

• Visited July 2012
Watertown, New York
“bland”
Reviewed June 27, 2012 via Local Picks

This is some of the blandest, microwaved food I have ever eaten

Woodstock, Georgia
“Best pizza in town”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

There aren't many locally owned Italian restaurants left in Watertown, so if you go, Art's Jug is a "must visit". I only order the pizza, so I do not know the rest of the menu, but it is definitely the best pizza in town.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Cathy C
Wallingford, Vermont
“Watertown favorite”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Excellent food and service. Very welcoming. No trip to Watertown is complete without a meal at Art's Jug.

Visited June 2012