“Amazing trip, with a few faults”

Best Western Watertown Fort Drum
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Watertown
United States
“Amazing trip, with a few faults”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Amazing room (king suite) with all the amenities I could have asked for: comfy bed, large enough fridge for small meals, two TVs, etc. It was great! The breakfast here is impressive for a hotel. The pool is a small saltwater pool, which was nice. They seem to have a balcony for suntanning too, even though we went there at night. However, we stayed in this hotel during construction, so that was a bit of a pain. The room next to us was having work done in the shower at 8AM. Had it been the afternoon, I wouldn't have cared. However, if I wanted to sleep in that day, it would have been impossible. I would also check you credit card to make sure you are charged correctly if you pre-book.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

jerimcgm, General Manager at Best Western Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you sharing the experiences of your recent stay with us. I am so glad that you found our king suite amazing and were able to enjoy many of the amenities that we offer our guests. I do apologize for the early morning construction taking away from your relaxing stay with us. We look forward to having you as our guests on a future visit and hope to make that stay even more amazing.

Jeri Fedora

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Leisure trip to Watertown: choose this Hotel we had used before. Upgrading of bathrooms with construction, but was handled quite well. Air conditioning needs some work. Front Desk staff assisted with special requests, baked cookies in evening. Mattress very soft. Breakfast buffet okay, could have been replenished a bit quicker. Welcoming Snacks provided for B.W. members. Pool was not warm, windows open, needed some minor cleaning. Staff tried to help as needed, seemed a bit busy, with front desk unattended at times. Would stay again due to good rates, central location and on site pub.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

jerimcgm, General Manager at Best Western Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. I am glad that our staff took good care of you during your stay and that you enjoyed the snacks and cookies that we provide our guests. I apologize for the windows being left open in the pool. We have been training new staff to make sure that we are taking care of our guests. I am sorry if any of your requests were not handled in a timely manner. We look forward to having you as our guest again on a future visit to the States and promise to provide you with top notch service.

Vernon, Connecticut
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We arrived around 10:00 at night, the people at the front desk were very nice. The room was quite nice and clean. The beds were a very nice surprise, they were comfortable and there were plenty of pillows on the bed. The bathroom was a little sad but to be fair to the hotel they were in the process of remodeling all the bathroom, they had not gotten to our's yet.

They hotel promotes free wifi, we were not able to connect at all. I called the number listed in information packet in the room and was told they switched to a new vendor and to call the front desk. (That's probably a good thing the man on the phone was grumpy). I called the front desk and they had no clue how to fix it. I was told it's probably because the hotel was full. I work IT so that was not a very good answer but what can you do. The information book need to be updated because not only was information about who to contact for IT was wrong but one of the delivery services restaurants number was no longer in service. The person at the front desk was able to help me with getting a number to a place that would deliver at that time of night.

Breakfast in the morning was good, it was full hot breakfast, eggs, waffles, toast, bacon etc. It was a great way to start the day. I didn't care for the coffee but that's personal preference not the hotel.

Overall we enjoyed our stay even if my daughter couldn't connect to the internet (she survived no need to go to the hospital for withdrawal symptoms.)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Carrie K
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I am glad that you found our rooms clean, comfortable, and quiet. I do apologize for the issues you had with our internet. We do sometimes experience problems when the hotel is full do to the number of mobile devices that people are carrying, We are working with our provider to increase the service we provide so that this will not continue to be an issue for our guests. I am glad that these little bumps would not prevent you from staying with us again and we look forward to seeing you on a future visit.

Woodstock, Georgia
Reviewed July 15, 2014

This Best Western was very comfortable, though the room was a bit on the small side. The staff were exceptional, and the bed was very comfortable. I would recommend they upgrade the ramps so that one can use the luggage rack more easily. But the breakfast and cleanliness were very good. They even have a sauna, which was a delight. Loved the indoor pool, as well.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am glad that you found our hotel to be clean and comfortable and that you were able to enjoy some of the many amenities that we offer our guests. It is especially nice to hear that our staff was exceptional. We look forward to seeing you again on a future visit to Watertown.

Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is close to downtown, the room was quite old, to be honest the whole hotel is old but the standard is ok, you get a great sleep, that's what it matters. The breakfast is complimentary and you get all the basic stuff but the choices are limited.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank yanzhang85
Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback about your recent stay at our property. I am glad that you slept well while you were with us. While we are an older property we have been making necessary updates each year. Last year we completed our guest room renovations and our working on our guest bathrooms this year. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Watertown and hearing what you think of the improvements we have made.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

I liked this BEST WESTERN Watertown Fort Drum. It's an older property, so they try harder to please. It was clean, quiet & comfortable. The staff were very friendly & helpful. Upon arrival we received a welcome bag of goodies, that was comparable to our best pick. The evening snacks were a plus also. Our room had all the amenities we needed, but was on the smaller side. The breakfast fell into the average range, not bad but not great, just average. Some of our BW Plus hotels failed to tick all the boxes, that this one did. It's not near the freeway or close to the other chain hotels, but well worth the 5 minute drive. Like I said, they try harder. Well done.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dig D
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. It is nice to hear that you found our service and amenities to be better than one of our Plus hotels. I am glad that our staff took good care of you during your stay and that you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable. We look forward to having you as our guests again in the future.

Rochester
Reviewed July 10, 2014

They have mold. They are located in a nice central place. Staff was very nice. However, they have mold in the stairwells. The lounge was not open. The free breakfast ran out of food 20 minutes early. The bathroom was so small I thought I was on Candid Camera.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

jerimcgm, General Manager at Best Western Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I am glad that you found our staff to be friendly and our location convenient to your needs. I apologize that your stay with us was only average. We strive to make every guest experience at our hotel a positive one and we are disappointed to have let you down. We are continuously working on improving our property for our guests which this year includes remodeling our bathrooms. We are unable to make them larger but are making them more functional for our guests. Our stairwells are also a project that we are planning to tackle soon. In the meantime we are working on any issues we may have. I also would like to apologize for our breakfast being short staffed on Saturday. While our breakfast attendant did get overwhelmed, all items were restocked for our guests and we kept the room open a little longer. I would like to invite you back to our property for a future stay so that we can have the opportunity to show you a wonderful stay at our hotel. Please contact me directly if you are interested in my offer so that I can ensure that you are taken care of.

315-782-8000