Best Western Watertown Fort Drum
$60
Royal Inn(Watertown)
$65
$62
Allen's Budget Motel(Watertown)(Great Value!)
$58
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfront deskfort drumolder hotelwafflesshopping areaon site restaurantsausagebreakfast was excellentfree breakfastminute driveking suitebed was very comfortablecoffee makercookiesnew yorksalmon run mallshopping trip
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We recently had reservations for the Best Western in Watertown. The hotel was out of the way a bit, not near the area of shopping and restaurants. When we arrived at the hotel the desk clerk wasn’t that friendly though gave us a room on the second floor until she found out we were travelling with dogs. She then became very cold and indifferent. She took back the room key and gave us a new room down in the basement. The area was dirty with renovation dust, paint, stucco plus it was quite damp & musty as it is an old building being renovated. It was also where the employees/workers were with all their renovation and cleaning equipment plus the laundry facilities. The door going outside was not working so we had to walk down the hallway, up the stairs and through the lobby to take the dogs outside. When I mentioned this to the front clerk her attitude was oh well not my problem and would not do anything to accommodate us. She said that was where clients with pets were put. I felt like a second class citizen due to my dogs (babies) who by the way are very well behaved Golden Retrievers. I immediately called another hotel (Comfort Inn & Suites) who were very accommodating and cancelled the Best Western! Not a hotel I would recommend!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
jerimcgm, General Manager at Best Western Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that you did not have a pleasant check in experience. We do have certain rooms set aside for our four legged guests which are on the lower level of the hotel. This is so we can ensure any guests with pet allergies that they are staying in a pet free room. I can assure you that we are very pet friendly as I have four legged babies at home that are treated better than most people's children. I have also spoken with our staff about how better to handle and resolve guest problems and requests. I hope you will give us the opportunity to make things up to you by considering us for a future stay. I would be happy to handle any reservations personally to ensure that you and your babies are well taken care of.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I can say that the beds were comfortable but tuts about it. Rooms are old and stale, TV has cable but only a few channels and heater/AC unit should be in a time capsule. Bathroom is old - when was the last time you saw one of those OLD red heat lamp bulbs in a hotel? Well they have them here!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We strive to make every guest experience a positive one and I apologize for letting you down. I am glad that you found our beds comfortable. We updated everything in our guest rooms with the exception of the bathrooms this past spring. Our guest bathrooms are actually the next step in our renovation process and will begin this winter. Our heating/AC units are also on our check list of improvements but I unfortunately do not know a date for this. I hope that you will consider staying with us in the future so that you can see the improvements we are continuing to make to our hotel. If I can be of any further assistance please let me know.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Enjoyed the room and pool. concierge gave me the wrong room number but apologized afterwards, which is rather rare. Enjoyed my visit to Syracuse. I really don't know what else to say to fill this up with characters.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your taking time to write a review about your stay. This review mentions the Liverpool Best Western so I am unsure if you also stayed at our Watertown location. If not thank you on behalf of the Liverpool Best Western and I hope you will have the opportunity to be a guest of ours in the future.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

This Best Western was minutes away from shopping. It was clean and the beds were very comfortable. What made our stay was the incredible staff. Each and every staff member went about and beyond, were kind, polite and helpful!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for letting us know how enjoyable your stay was during your girl’s weekend. It is always nice to hear how well our staff takes care of our guests. I am also glad that your room was clean and comfortable. We hope to see you again soon for another fun weekend. Please let me know if I can be of assistance with any future reservations.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed one night. Last minute booking because of the bad weather last night on the highway Overall it was decently cleaned and comfortable. Free parking and free in room internet. The bar-restaurant was a bonus! I would stay here again overnight just for the free breakfast that was pretty good and saved us some $$$. The staff are great. Thx Jennifer for your good services!!!

Room Tip: suite 201...very good
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed the breakfast and that Jennifer took good care of you while you were with us. We hope to see you again on a future visit. If I can be of further assistance please let me know.